Tempura Shrimp side dish help?

I am making Tempura Shrimp for a cooking class recipe and i`m wondering what would be a good "japanese" side dish with it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A simple salad with some soy-sesame-ginger dressing. Tempura can be greasy so is complemented by something fresh and simple.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My favorite side dish with tempura shrimp is tempura sweet potato slices and tempura zucchini. I like the tempura sweet onion rings too. Any of the vegetable groups can be tempuraed, including broccoli, and snow peas. They all add a special flavor, and a change from the shrimp, while still using the same dip choices. My favorite dips include a soy sauce and sesame oil dip, and a hot mustard with Wasabi.

• 4 years ago

Here's a few ideas: -Miso soup-They have instant packages in the market these days if you cannot find fresh miso paste. -Steamed (sticky rice) also called Sushi Rice -"Gomae"-(Boil up about 2 bags of spinach, drain and press out the water. Press the spinach into rounds or little bowls and top with a drizzle of sesame oil, a little peanut dressing & toasted sesame seeds

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i loveeee tempura shrimp mmMmm:DD

just do sushiii!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dizzy's right. A wakame (seaweed) salad would also work, as would some simple edamame.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.