Art portfolio for Graphic Design course at University?

Hi guys, I asked this question a couple of days back but it got removed (no email about a violation so i assume is because no-one answered it? Well, not in this category anyway although I did get an answer in another category), anyway, I thought I would try again, see if I can get an answer this time. I have... show more Hi guys, I asked this question a couple of days back but it got removed (no email about a violation so i assume is because no-one answered it? Well, not in this category anyway although I did get an answer in another category), anyway, I thought I would try again, see if I can get an answer this time.

I have been thinking a lot recently and have decided I would like to go to University to study Graphic Design but my art portfolio is not exactly what you would call extensive and varied. Can anyone give me an idea of what my portfolio should be like to pass an interview? What types of work am I going to need? How much?

The reason I don't have an extensive portfolio is that for the last few years I have had depression and just not had the get up and go or inspiration to add to what I already have, its not that I am not capable. Any help and advise you can offer is greatly appreciated as I know that a portfolio is a big part of the interviews for the course I want to do.

Thanks for looking.