Bladder infection and baking soda?

Does baking soda help CURE bladder infections.. or does it only help for the burning? Because I drank some with water and since then the burning decreased greatly when I urinate.

I'm also on antibiotics though.

Favorite Answer

Instructions: Squeeze about half a cup of lemon juice and drink in the morning when you wake up. Do this everyday for about 2 weeks and you will get rid of bladder infections for good.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: 2 tsp per glass with a tsp. of HONEY (An old wives's tale told to me by my grandmother before she died. The vinegar and honey reset your system, much like a computer needs rebooting. It works.)

Source(s): m.l

Vinegar is acidic. Most UTIs are caused by E. coli, an acid-loving bacteria (acidophilic). Using acidic substances, including cranberry juice, can create an acidic environment in the urinary bladder, an environment that E. coli thrives in. So vinegar could actually prolong a UTI. Unless you know which organism is causing yours (and you could easily get the urine culture results from your doctor), be careful.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, an alkaline, so it may help with an E. coli UTI but there's a downside to over-using baking soda. Just let the antibiotics do their job. And use Uristat or AZO for local pain, but only for 2 days per directions and drink 2-3 liters of water per day.

Source(s): I'm a nurse.

The only cure for bladder infections is antibiotics.

The antibiotics probably is making things feel better for you.