mark asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

question about a VA loan?

I am eligible for a VA loan, if I make $25,900 gross a year, and the only debt i have is a car payment of about $325 a month and $10,000 still owed on it, what would the cap be on how much they would loan me?

Favorite Answer

VA guaranteed loans are made by private lenders, such as banks, savings & loans, or mortgage companies to eligible veterans for the purchase of a home which must be for their own personal occupancy. The guaranty means the lender is protected against loss if you or a later owner fail to repay the loan. The guaranty replaces the protection the lender normally receives by requiring a down payment allowing you to obtain favorable financing terms.

The amount of the loan would be determined by your income and the value of the property.

Your basic entitlement is $36,000. For loans in excess of $144,000 to purchase or construct a home, additional entitlement up to an amount equal to 25 percent of the Freddie Mac conforming loan limit for a single family home may be available. This loan limit can change yearly. The conforming loan limit for 2008 is $417,000 ($625,500 for Hawaii, Alaska, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands). This means that qualified veterans could get a no down payment purchase loan for those amounts.

Hope this answers your question.

Yes! You can get a VA loan depending on your eligibility and the purchase price . Do you have 5 minutes so we can chat and I can qualify you and tell you the terms..

Thank you!

619-339-3546

Bluewave funding

alozano@bluewavefunding.com

Loan Originator

Nmls 886197

BRE 1229603