promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why did Israel attack Gaza?

I missed the info.

Some say that Hamas in Gaza was the one who first launch rockets to Israel. Ihen only Israel retaliate.

While some say that the Palestinian in Gaza did nothing and that the Israelis were the one who first do the attack (airstrike).

Which one is true

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well its really hard to say why they attacked. But I myself personally believe a ceasefire should immediately be called. Prior to the conflict, both sides have launched missiles at each other and in a sense, both countries started the war. But its really bad for Gaza, they have a much smaller fighting force, the Hamas, and are weaker compared to the Israel, who outnumbers them. Its sad because many civilians in Gaza are being killed, I think more civilians are dying rather than people, which I find ridiculous. Many in Gaza are without electricity, and its hard for foreign nations to send aid when shelling and air strikes are an everyday occurrence. I hope the UN or some country does get involved with calling a ceasefire. I particularly think the US should step up on this issue since Israel and the US have very close ties. If this Israel-Gaza conflict continues, I think it will go out of hand, especially since many neighboring countries are going against Israel's decision to go on a full-scale attack. However, few countries in the middle east would actually never step up to fight Israel. Mainly because of their past, for example in the six-day war. In the six-day war, Israel fought against four other nations, and not only defeats those nations in a short amount of time, but they gain land. Along with Israel being a powerful nation, although small, the US is one of Israel's greatest allies

Source(s): news research
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Still the attacks are going on Gaza. They are not getting any help from the top countries.Many people lost their lives.Recently defence department of US asked the Senate to approve $225m addition funds to accelerate the production of Iron dome missile systems for Israel.Nearly 600 people most of them are Palestinians killed since Israel launched it's offensive on July 8th.

• 4 years ago

in my opinion, i think that the Israelis are a hundred% precise of their movements. they have carried out their utmost to end the scuffling with in Gaza. in undemanding terms some years in the past did they pull themselves out of the area, desiring peace. I observed how the Israelis pulled their very very own people out of Gaza, frequently forcefully AND brutally. This confirmed us all that they have got been trustworthy approximately their desire for peace. no longer in undemanding terms this, yet because of the fact Israel pulled out, Hamas have been continuously sending missiles and bombs into Israel. it is basically ridiculous and needed to be taken care of out. Israel won't and could no longer be bullied by using malicious terrorists. Israel has the surprising to be acknowledged as a separate area of Palestine. they are able to stay peacefully area by using area, yet regrettably one area does no longer desire this and it is not Israel. by using the way, Random lady has unquestionably NO clue abot something. virtually each little thing she suggested is bollox. Ecuse my profanity. "Hamas are no longer terrorists" she says. YEah, and Osama Bin weighted down is mom Teresa's brother. all of us comprehend that Hamas is listed as a Revolutionary Organization 17 November by using Canada, the ecu Union, Israel, Japan, and the U. S. and is banned in Jordan, Australia and the united kingdom.

• sakota
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

There;s doubts that Hamas was the one who started it. The treaty ended and that's when Hamas started to fire rockets. Hamas started it. But that doesn't mean that Israel has to react so excessively! Hamas has only killed like 6 and Israel has killed nearly 500! That's why you see world leaders trying to calm Israel down! Damn they get so angry Israel does. They have a right to protect themselves, but they don't have to go on a killing rampage! TAKE A CHILL PILL ISRAEL!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Israel broke the truce first.

Don't believe me? http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1051211.html

Hamas started sending random rockets with no precise target that killed 1 person and injured 6 before the retaliation.

Israel retaliates and hits gaza on "suspected" terrorist sites. Which are killing hundreds of innocent people.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/04/israel.g...

They are now essentially "choking" israel by holding off food, electricity, and medicine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

After months without food or electricity in many areas of Gaza, a constant curfew trapping people in their homes for most hours of the day, bullets shelled at civilian households without justifiable cause, and the uprooting of homes/farms/olive groves/entire families rockets were fired into remote areas of Israel by frustrated individuals who could no longer bare a lifetime of torment. No one was harmed in these rocket attacks, yet Israel uses this as a justifiable cause to slaughter, MURDER, and eliminate Palestinians without any remorse.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Israel is just cruel

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The 1st one is the truth - the Palestinians launched 5,000+ rockets against innocent Israeli civilians/homes

Peace

• 1 decade ago

The second one. Israel is just cruel, they've been jealous of the Palestinian land since it was first given to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the brainwashing with the people at this site is unbelievable. you people need to wake up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.