Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

Chemistry (Highschool) vs Biology (High school)?

Hi, I'm taking either 1st year chemistry or 1st year Biology soon and I'm really good at math. I usually am in the top 3 in my class in Honors math. Which subject has less math in it? Also, which subject is more fun/interesting (By the way I don't mind dissections)?

Favorite Answer

Biology would be best. It has little to no math at all AND you get to dissect things. Chemistry is pretty much ALL math but it's not a big deal if ur great in math! I'm in the 11th grade and I haven't dissected (the best part!) anything since 9th grade when I took Biology. It was great for me but would've been better if I didn't have a sucky teacher lol. Hope I helped!!

Source(s): Experience! =]

High School Chemistry requires only basic 7th grade algebra, and the most math intensive part of it would probably be stoichiometry. Even college level general chemistry requires 9th grade algebra for titration and rate law problems. You only deal with advanced mathematics in chemistry when you reach physical chemistry (a university junior level course), which requires DiffyQ and a strong command of calculus.

High School Biology is essentially College Biology without all the chemistry. A fairly easy course that requires almost no math, perhaps except for hardy-weinberg equations which is basic 7th grade algebra again.

I think you should take Biology first cause it's easy......i am taking biology right.....now it's so easy....all you have to do on the test is remember those biology words...so that's what i did and i got 100% on 5 tests and quizes....and my grade is 105% (A) so take biology first but if u don't have a lot of hard class like just elective class then take chemestry but if u have a lot of hard classes that u are planning to take then take Biology.....biology and chemestry doesn't involve in math just physics. By the way just want to say that u are very smart too top 3 huh!.....work hard so u could get the highest grade in the class ok...i have highest grades in all of my classes and i am proud of myself!

bio uses less math!

i took biology in 10th grade and it was fun and interesting and we did a bunch of dissections

my bio teacher told me to take chemistry the next year if i was good in math

so in 11th grade i took chemistry and it uses math but it was also fun and interesting cuz of all of the labs we did!

Source(s): i took bio and chem in high school! =)

Biology is way more interesting than chemistry and way less math than chemistry!

Chemistry is alot of math, if you are good in math I would do that. Biology to me is more boring more memorizing facts, Chemistry is more interesting.

personally, i like chemistry. Biology has much less math. i think chem is more interesting because you do stuff with chemicals and things.

As I understand the learning hierarchy, you take chemistry, then physics, and biology last. It has something to do with the knowledge base you need for the next science.

Source(s): I don't know if this is still true, but it is what my counselor told me to do. It worked for me.

technological awareness does no longer oppose the identification of God. yet evolution does oppose the creation memories in the Bible (no longer the identification of God). I went to a jesuit (Catholic) highschool and technological awareness and Catholicism under no circumstances conflicted. In biology we found out approximately evolution and in Catholic Christianity we found out approximately creation. Catholics are distinctive from Christian's. whilst determining their stance on an argument, the Catholic church takes the bible right into a million/4 of its recommendations (as detrimental to Christian's who shop on with the bible a hundred% of their judgements). Scientists do no longer hate Christians and christians do no longer hate technological awareness. a number of the two do, yet it is amazingly great generalization. As for me, i'm a Catholic and that i think in God and that i do no longer deny that evolution made us who we are. even with the undeniable fact that, i do no longer criticize people who don't think in evolution; there are a lot of very, outstanding scientists that don't think it and have problems with it as a theory. for people who think of we got here from monkeys: We did no longer evolve from apes... We basically proportion a concern-unfastened ancestor. :D oh, and additionally... the huge bang does no longer clarify something, hahaha! xP it is basically an thought of ways the international got here to be without including a "better being." however the assumption of an explosion from remember colliding makes little experience... the place did the concern come from?

biology has less math in it