Are Christians allowed to download materials via P2P or Torrents?

Even though it is technically stealing copyrighted material, I feel like if one's intentions are not to actually steal and ruin the lives of the artist, actor, etc. then it should be fine. With that said, I do believe that making copies and distributing them for profit is definitely illegal. The bible says... show more Even though it is technically stealing copyrighted material, I feel like if one's intentions are not to actually steal and ruin the lives of the artist, actor, etc. then it should be fine. With that said, I do believe that making copies and distributing them for profit is definitely illegal.

The bible says "Thou shalt not steal" but the Bible does not say you cannot admire the God's creation (music, movies, entertainment). I think personal downloading without uploading them nor the intention of doing harm to the artist should be fine.

So here is the real question. Should Christians be allowed to download given the above guidelines? If not, will downloading cost them a spot in heaven?
Update: Okay this is a personal struggle of mine. I know downloading is illegal but I can't bring myself to stop doing it. Partly because I don't think it is wrong and also partly because my source of entertainment is largely from downloading.