Anonymous

Im in desperate need of a job so should I apply to 5 different places?

I want a job. SHould I apply to different places at once? What would happen if more than one store hired me? Can someone help? Also, by having a part time job while being 16 mean you have to fill out taxes?

Minimum wage here is 7.15 so that's the least i'll be making an hour right? I

If you can, write some names of big corporations that i can apply to

Favorite Answer

You should apply to as many places as possible when you're looking for a job, because most of them won't hire you. If it happens that more than one place gives you an interview and offers you the job, take the one that you either like the most, or the one that gives you the best hours and highest pay. At the end of the year, your company will give you a W-2, which shows how much you made at their company and you must give that to your parents so they can file your taxes. They most likely have a tax accountant who does it for them (or they do it themselves) but you're responsible for turning in your form because they claim you as a dependent and they must report any income you make because you're considered a tax break. Whenever your company gives it to you, give it to your parents right away so you don't lose it or forget-they will take care of it.

Absolutely. Apply to every place you are interested in working at. If more than one place hires you, just pick between the two and tell the other one that you've found another job. If you start at one place and one calls that you like better, let the one that you've already been hired at that you won't be able to work there anymore. Just let them know what's going on, and if you ever need to re-apply, they will be more likely to take you back. Most jobs that you can get while you're that young have very high turnover rates (most people quit within a year) and employers can't be as discriminatory as they are with higher paying jobs. You will have to file taxes, but unless you make more than about $8,000 in one year, you should get back everything you put in. It can be kind of a savings account, which makes for a nice little "extra" check in the spring time. The only thing that sucks about that is that doesn't accrue interest :(.

Apply at as many places as you can, if more than one place wants to hire you then you have to decide which one you want..which one pays the most, has chance for advancement, hours you want, things like that. Yes, you will have to pay taxes since they take out taxes so when you fill out a W-4 claim single & 0. You won't probably have to pay in taxes since you won't make that much, I think you have to make at least $3000 in a year to file taxes and your parents will claim you on their taxes. Have them help you with these things when the time comes. Good Luck and don't let work get in the way of your school and grades!

As difficult as the job market is in this day and age, I would recommend you fill out as many applications as you can. Search the want ads for part time help needed, Yes, you are required to fill out taxes, however if you are a full time student, you won't be required to pay much if any, and tax payments are also based on how much money you make. Just file your return at the end of the year, and most if not all of your federal taxes that you paid in should be returned to you. If you get a job, and someone else calls you regarding an interview, simply inform them that you got another job, and say thank you for your interest.

Apply to as many jobs as possible. Just because you apply does not mean you will get the job. If you are offered a job evaluated the job before accepting. Yes, you will have to fill out an income tax form even with a part-time job. It is not a difficult form. You will fill out a 1040 EZ. You don't need a tax preparer to fill out that form. The only skill needed is the ability to add and subtract.

put your application in any where that you can get to that will take your application.You can call any H&R tax place in your state to find out if you must file taxes most bosses take the tax right out of your check before you get it so that cuts your $7 a hour to $5 or less in your pocket.For your age the fast food Industries are the best change for work like Mc Donald's Wendy's Taco Bell.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I was notified of a temporary 2 week layoff before Christmas, and I immediately started hitting 10 places before lunch, then coming home and watching the kids before my wife went to HER job. While at home, I would apply online, plus send out blind resumes and cover letters.

I landed a part-time job in my field which I started Thursday, plus I go back to my full-time job tomorrow. I'm keeping the PT job just in case, plus to build up a cash reserve in case this happens again. If you REALLY want a job, you'll get SERIOUS about it!

You need to apply to at least 20 places in order to land one job these days.

Hiya

at school teachers are allways telling us to apply for more jobs, you have better chances in getting one also if you dont like the one you picked you can drop it and if its possible go back to the other offer you had.

hope i helped :)

apply to as many places as you can find open positions -- do NOT wait to hear from any before you apply to others.

this is called competition for workers and is normal.

and yes, you'll likely have to file your own form 1040 -- see the instructions for that form to determine if you don't.

Source(s): cpa with work experience