What are these noises? Plumbing, water pipes, pressure, heat? ?

We just moved into our home 2-3 months ago. Thank goodness it is still an unfinished basement. We would like to try and rectify noise issues before going ahead and finishing it. Any ideas what would this may be? I hear *pop pop, tap tap* noises in our basement quite a bit. Our water pump (tap tap) and pipes... show more We just moved into our home 2-3 months ago. Thank goodness it is still an unfinished basement. We would like to try and rectify noise issues before going ahead and finishing it. Any ideas what would this may be?

I hear *pop pop, tap tap* noises in our basement quite a bit. Our water pump (tap tap) and pipes (pop pop) do this repeatedly throughout the day. I'm not sure if the source is the pump, other pressures, heat settings, or if this is somehow normal?

Maybe there is a problem with our water pressure? Areas within the local vicinity of the water pump seem to be just as loud (not too loud) as the water piping at the opposite end of our basement. It seems to travel around the pipes. This is the reason I'm guessing pressure. Because.. when held, the hot water pump pipe gently tap taps a vibration that gradually fades after a few minutes. After the water pump settles down from tap tapping, so does the pop, popping from the rest of the water piping in our basement. There is a slight rattle that can be heard from the main floor bathroom pipes when the water is being turned off. This does not happen very often and has yet to occur on the second floor of the home.

I first thought, maybe the pipes are rubbing against the wood support beams of our basement and creak, popping. This doesn't sound like a good symptom anymore. I realized the noises occur even when all water is out of use.

It is easy to chalk some noise into Canadian Winter heating, expansion and contraction of our a/c vents. This is clear to me. EEK lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Answer points will definitely be awarded to the best answer.
Update: oops sorry. Our house is 6 years old.