1. Israel would be ok with this if they (Palestinians) would live peacefully side by side and not sign an agreement of peace and then turn around within 24 hours and bomb them again. As soon as Israel pulls out of the regions-the bombing by Hamas starts all over again. There is no peace with Hamas. They are equal to Islamic terrorists.
2. Gaza is comprised of Palestinians. On August 17, 2005 Israel began to evacuate Jews from Gaza. It was suppose to take several weeks at the cost of $900 million dollars. It took less than a week.
3. The average Palestinian probably DOES feel victimized by Israel because Palestinians are descendants of Arabs who were uprooted from their land. Some of them chose to leave out of fear and some left because they assumed they would be back in a few weeks after the Jews lost the war. But the Jews DIDN'T lose the war. Right now many Arabs live in Israel and have citizenship and freedom, but i don't think many Palestinians would stomach living there since they are an enemy. The one thing I want to point out is that the British promised this land to both the Jews AND the Arabs so if anyone is to blame for this conflict, it's them. They gave the majority of the land to the Arabs for helping them defeat the Turks, but they also promised the Jews a land of their own to make up for the holocaust. When the Brits couldn't decide what to do-they let the U.N. decide and that is precisely how Israel got their own nation.
3. Even if Hamas didn't exist- yes, they would still be fighting. They were fighting BEFORE Hamas.
4. This is a religious war because both people feel that this land is Special for them. The Jews rely on the covenant from the Bible between Abraham and God and the Muslims (Palestinians) believe this land is sacred because of things pertaining to Muhammad.
Technically the land was first occupied by the people who came over with Moses to "The Promised Land"~The Caananites. We tend to think of those people as Jews, but actually the word "Jew" was not referenced in the Bible until much later. The thing that Modern Day Jews fail to realize when they rely on the covenant with God as their argument is that God gave them the land in a covenant that required them to fulfill certain obligations which included living by the laws he laid down for them. He promised that if they broke those laws he would scatter them among the Assyrians, which eventually they were-due to their unwillingness to follow his laws. fi they had not broken theri covenant with God, they'd still be living there today with a full legal right to be there because they would have been there first, since somewhere around 630ish b.C., but the fact that they were scattered left room for other tribes of Israel to move into the land, which included the Arabs.
I have a attached a couple of links that are very informative. part one and 2 of an article called "Whose Land is it Really?" you will find it very informative and it's easy to understand and it really lays no claim to Either Israel or the Palestinians.
Good for you for caring enough to want to understand world events. We cannot have peace simply by yelling in the streets of New York, we must inform and educate ourselves. I am still learning and I have been studying the Middle East conflict for almost three years now. But I was like you three years ago so just keep seeking answers and you will find them.