I need replies from women who went thru severe stress, anxiety during pregnancy but the baby is healthy n happ?

Best Answer

This is not my firsthand experience, but the experience of a very close friend of mine (I'm sharing this with her permission - I was speaking to her online when I came across your question and her first response was "Oh poor thing! Tell her it'll be okay! Tell her how stressed I was!")...I'm assuming that you are asking because you are experiencing stress and anxiety and are pregnant and looking for reassurance? A good friend of mine has major anxiety problems (not saying that as a judgment - I do, too, and that was actually one of the first things we bonded over). She and her husband were not planning on a baby, but she became pregnant. Her first reaction was panic because, even though she wanted children, she was still on medication (I believe it was Zoloft but I could be wrong) for anxiety and was terrified that it would hurt the baby, and had wanted to get off of it before she got pregnant. Even though she weaned off of the medication and her doctor reassured her that everything would "probably" be fine, she was absolutely convinced that she had done something wrong/would miscarry and experienced extreme anticipatory anxiety about the outcome of her pregnancy (on top of her usual anxiety). About five months into the pregnancy she was starting to calm down because the highest risk portion was over and the baby was developing fine according to all of her prenatal exams, but then her mother was in a severe car accident and was in intensive care for a while. My friend was terrified that something would happen to her mother, that the baby would never meet its grandmother, etcetera...The mother (thank GOD) was moved out of intensive care relatively quickly and recovered quite well, though she had to undergo a lot of physical therapy...My friend was terrified about what all of the stress hormones in her body would do to her baby, but the baby was born absolutely and totally fine. Beautiful baby girl who is now a year and a half old, and she has had a wonderful temperament from the beginning - she's been a very happy and healthy baby, and only seems to be growing happier as time goes on. Given, she has a very loving and supportive family environment, and the mother was absolutely vigilant about prenatal care, but she was also under a lot of stress and anxiety and her baby couldn't be better, sweeter, or happier.

During my last pregnancy, I was 35 and my husband was dying of brain cancer. (He lived till she was 15 months old). I have gestational diabetes when I'm pregnant, do blood tests 6 times a day and take 4 insulin shots a day, write down everything i eat and have nausea. I also had a 4 year old, spent LOTS of time in dr. offices and doing research for a treatment plan for him, flying all over the country. He had seizures, couldn't work, radiation treatment made him sick, then the chemo I gave him myself at home made him sicker. It was awful. We knew he was sick when I got pregnant and were convinced we were to have another child. She just turned 17 and I cannot imagine life without her. Other than some difficulties related to her being 3 weeks early, she is very healthy, well adjusted and happy, and a joy to all who know her. She was the easiest, happiest of all my children. May I recommend a book called "Praying for Your Unborn Child" by Judith and Francis MacNutt of Christian Healing Ministries in Jacksonville. It was a wonderful tool for me. It may be a little difficult to locate, but worth it! Put a good support system in place, and do your best to address your fears with knowledge, and try to enjoy the miracle within you. My best wishes for your health and happiness!

I have severe stress and anxiety all day everyday and I take medication for it. My son will be fine.

On the other hand, I believe my mother was depressed while pregnant with me and I was a suicidal teenager.

My cousin just had her son 6 weeks early due to what she believes is a woman she works with stressing her out. They say stress can cause preterm labor.

Ive been going through this pretty much my whole entire pregnancy.Cried so many times and have felt like just leaving and me and my baby and my cat and dog to go live in a house far away and being just me and them several times before.My mom even passed away while me being pregnant.Turns out that i have a little more than average bile in my blood stream which isnt good.My son has a strong heartbeat and the doctors are happy with him! :) Im in early labor now and just waiting to see him!! :)

cried myself to sleep every other night. relationship was on the rocks. baby girl was perfect.