Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between Anthropology and Sociology?

I'm considering studying either Anthropology or Sociology in college. I am not entirely sure of the differences between them, however. I know that anthropology covers some natural science aspects (i.e. archaeology, etc.). I am NOT interested in that, though. I am interested in the societal and cultural aspects...I know that Sociology covers political systems, some geography and economics, and religious groups. I am very interested in these topics. I am also greatly interested in philosophy and will probably double-major in Philosophy and either Anthropology or Sociology. Which would be more beneficial from a philosophical perspective? Please inform me on the differences between Anthropology and Sociology. I also like sociology since it deals with behavior, drawing from psychology. I just am looking for the broadest social science that covers issues like behavior, social functions and groups, religious and cultural institutions, politics and economics. Please help me

Favorite Answer

Anthropology is extremely boring cause you study people and stuff like archaeology. It could be cool if your professor is good, but i hated it.

On the other hand, i would recommend Sociology because it is extremely resourceful in your everyday life and is very interesting.

It does not matter which you study as there are no jobs in either field unless you get a doctorate.