What is the difference between Anthropology and Sociology?

I'm considering studying either Anthropology or Sociology in college. I am not entirely sure of the differences between them, however. I know that anthropology covers some natural science aspects (i.e. archaeology, etc.). I am NOT interested in that, though. I am interested in the societal and cultural... show more I'm considering studying either Anthropology or Sociology in college. I am not entirely sure of the differences between them, however. I know that anthropology covers some natural science aspects (i.e. archaeology, etc.). I am NOT interested in that, though. I am interested in the societal and cultural aspects...I know that Sociology covers political systems, some geography and economics, and religious groups. I am very interested in these topics. I am also greatly interested in philosophy and will probably double-major in Philosophy and either Anthropology or Sociology. Which would be more beneficial from a philosophical perspective? Please inform me on the differences between Anthropology and Sociology. I also like sociology since it deals with behavior, drawing from psychology. I just am looking for the broadest social science that covers issues like behavior, social functions and groups, religious and cultural institutions, politics and economics. Please help me
2 answers 2