Treadmill giving electric shock?!?

I've recently purchased a Brand new treadmill and I've used it in the last 4-5 days with no problems. But today when I went on to start my workout and started the machine, as soon as I touched the heart rate control (metal) handle in front of the treadmill, an electric shock caught my hand. I tried several... show more I've recently purchased a Brand new treadmill and I've used it in the last 4-5 days with no problems. But today when I went on to start my workout and started the machine, as soon as I touched the heart rate control (metal) handle in front of the treadmill, an electric shock caught my hand. I tried several times and the same happened!! The shock only happens once I'm on the rubber platform of the treadmill.
I will contact their customer service as soon as they open on Sunday morning but just wondering what could be causing this problem!