Locked my keys in my car.. cheap/easy way to get them out?

I have a Nissan 200SX SE. I locked my keys in the car, in the ignition (smart move,eh?).

I don't, seriously, have ANY money. At all. NO cash, no credit or debit cards. No AAA or otherwise roadside assistance through insurance. AND.. I'm out of town. About 90 miles away from home.

The way I see it, my options are:

1)Break a window (but how expensive would it be to get it replaced, right?)

2)call a locksmith/tow company... but then how am I going to pay for it?

3)Have my uncle overnight ship me the extra key?

4)Beg someone to give tow/locksmith company their credit card, and I pay them back over time, or by my next paycheck.

5)Have my uncle moneygram me some money via walmart and pay him back through my next paycheck (I work for him, so he could just take it out).

6) get someone to drive me back home, get the key, and then drive me back.

I don't know. I'm so lost. I tried the coat hanger method, but it seems like I can't even get it through the sealing around my door/window.

Anyone have any clue what the cheapest alternative would be? How much each of these run (I live in Oregon if that helps)? Thanks for your help guys!

PS - I NEED to be back Tuesday morning to resume my CNA training.

Favorite Answer

call the cops, they will do it for free :)

If your feeling crafty, try a coat hanger. I have in the past successfully retrieved my car keys at least three times this way. I owned a 1994 dodge shadow so I would say it is easier to fish the keys from older cars than newer ones. I now have a grand am and a few months ago I locked the keys in it. I was unable to fish them out with the coat hanger so I called a lock smith out of the directory book. It cost thirty dollars but it was worth it. Whats really funny is I currently still only have one key for my car! good luck! - toni

Forced entry through passenger door window. Large screwdriver to pry window away from vehicle. Put something between the vehicle and the window to allow you to move a coat hanger freely. Use coat hanger to raise the door lock or pull on door handle to open the door.

If you are not comfortable with that and you have the time, have the key sent via overnight express.

I would not intentionally break the window.

Good luck.

Right door,top left corner,pry ajar as much as you can,with a large screwdriver or something similar then put something in to block it,it give you enough room to put something long enough to push the door lock button or pull the lock knob to unlock it.When it is done,the door corner is easy to push it back to shape.Good luck,that is what I do all the time without damage anything else.

Ricky H; the tennis ball trick does not work. I say get the money gram from your uncle and call a locksmith or a company like Pop-a-lock

push and wedge pass door window or door open a 1/4 inch at top - coat hanger hit the door lock / unlock button

smash the window, go to the scrap yard get a second hand window get a friend to fit it

Hh

Source(s): Jjjj

5 seems like the fastest way.

Did you try the tennis ball trick? your car might be old enough for it to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhbCxaJBI_g

Youtube thumbnail