What additional documents do i need to send with I-864 form.?

I am sponsoring my husband and i received I-864 form which i already filled out. Now the problem is, i don't know what other additional documents i need to send with the I-864 form (send to NVC).

***Also, for tax files which do i send 1) W2 form & my own tax return copy OR 2) transcript of my Federal from IRS?

Favorite Answer

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

* Proof of current employment or self employment

* A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

If you are using the income of persons in your household or dependents to qualify as a sponsor, you must also submit a separate Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, for each person whose income you will use.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5a...

• waltz

I-864 Supporting Documents

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

***Also, for tax files which do i send 1) W2 form & my own tax return copy OR 2) transcript of...

Source(s): additional documents send 864 form: https://biturl.im/Psft9
  • Linda

You sent to USCIS? This sounds like the package of support and Civil documents that NVC requests, AFTER USCIS is done with a case. Anyway, whichever department you sent the documents to, will review them to see if they are adequate. If found "wanting" they will let you know by mail, and ask you to provide the missing pieces. This happens ALL the time, and while it will cause a short delay, should not be anything major. And there is always a good chance that the clerk reviewing the package, won't notice the lack of W2's. Best is to wait and see. Fred Wahl Matchmaker