Help with my homework!!!!!!!?

My teacher explains NOTHING and I hate her.

Could you please solve these problems and please EXPLAIN how you got your answer? Thanks!

1. Find X if X^(4/5)=16

Okay, I have no idea at all how to do this one.

2.How many different 3 letter monograms can be formed using the letters A, E, I, O, and U if each letter can be used more than once.

What's a monogram???

Also, what's tangent(not in any questions)?

3. How many natural numbers N will make 36/N a natural number?

What's a natural number?

Favorite Answer

1.

x^(4/5) = 16

(x^(1/5))^4 = 16

x^(1/5) = 2

x = 2^5

x = 32

2.

So you need to find every combination of 3 letters there are with those 5 letters. eg. AAA, AAE, AAI, AAO, AAU, AEA, AEE, AEI, AEO,AEU etc. To do this you do the number of letters you have to the power of the number of letters in the combinations. So this will be 5^3 which is 125.

A monogram is like a logo which has letters on top of each other.

A tangent is a line which touches a curved line.

3.

A natural number is an integer so it is not a fraction or a decimal just numbers like 1,2,3,4...etc. a natural number which will make 36/N a natural number are like 1,2,3 (36/1=36, 36/2=18, 36/3=12, all natural numbers) and a natural number which will not make 36/N a natural number are ones like 5 or 8 (36/5=7.2, 36/8=7.5, not natural numbers)

There are 9 natural numbers that make 36/N a natural number.

1) -32 and 32

2) The Jedi Queen answered # 2

3) A monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters or other graphemes to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company, used as recognizable symbols or logos.

In geometry, the tangent line (or simply the tangent) to a curve at a given point is the straight line that "just touches" the curve at that

point.

4) Natural numbers are counting numbers, (1, 2, 3, .....)

36/N = Natural Numbers

(1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 36)

Source(s): If you have problems with your teacher then try to find a new teacher. In high school, I had a similar situation and all of the students were frustuated with the way my math teacher taught. At the end of the semester the teacher was replaced because of her poor performance. If you cannot change your teacher then go to another teacher for help. Teachers are always happy to help.

This is how you solve #2.

if there are 3 letters (a,e,i,o,u) and 3 options of where to rearrange them, this is how my teacher taught me how to do them.

______ _______ _______

the 1st blank has 5 possible letters that can go in there.

So does the 2nd and the 3rd. so we have

__5____ ____5_____ ___5_____

then you just multiply across. 5x5x5= 125.

so your answer is 125. i think a monogram is just someones initials.

hope this helps!

• Steph!

I have the same problem with my teacher..doesn't explain a thing.

I'm not sure about the problems but I think a natural number is like any number.

?? i have NO IDEA