Are global warming deniers becoming increasingly desperate in their arguments?

The denier "top answerer" in this section in his most recent question claimed "Many times here you hear that students that fail Chemistry, and Physics go into Climatology because it's easier to pass." I read most of the questions in this section of YA and have never seen anyone make... show more The denier "top answerer" in this section in his most recent question claimed

"Many times here you hear that students that fail Chemistry, and Physics go into Climatology because it's easier to pass."

I read most of the questions in this section of YA and have never seen anyone make this claim, nor have I seen anyone make it elsewhere. Which is not surprising, since it's a completely absurd claim.

Climate science requires a strong understanding of physics and chemistry. As pegminer noted in responding to the question, in order to obtain a doctorate in climate science, one needs to have a degree (typically a Master's) in physics, chemistry, or engineering. Obviously to obtain such a degree, you need to pass the classes and gain a very good understanding of the subject.

So this makes me wonder why the denier "top answerer" would make such a statement and why his fellow deniers would agree with it. Is it a desperate tactic to discredit all climate scientists, since virtually all of them agree that humans are causing global warming? Do deniers really believe that climate scientists are physics and chemistry flunkies?