Whatever happened to Michael Schoeffling the guy who played the hottie Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He did all of these films:

Movies

Racing with the Moon (1984) as Amputee soldier (uncredited)

Sixteen Candles (1984) as Jake Ryan

Vision Quest (1985) as Kuch

Sylvester (1985) as Matt

Belizaire the Cajun (1986) as Hypolite Leger

Let's Get Harry (1986) as Corey Burck

Slaves of New York (1989) as Jan

Longtime Companion (1990) as Michael

Mermaids (1990) as Joe Porretti

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (1991) as Al Carver

By all accounts I have seen, Michael all but gave up acting... mostly because no lucrative roles were being offered. Which I still can't fathom.

But he has landed on his feet and is living in northeastern Pennsylvania (I've heard it's either Wilkes-Barre or Greentown) where he has a business building and selling hand-crafted furniture.

There have been rumors that there is a movie, '32 Candles' in the works by the USA Network. It's basically 'Sixteen Candles' down the road. Anthony Michael Hall has reportedly said he would appear.

Would Michael appear? I would doubt it. His character wasn't even in the proposed script. But that doesn't mean he couldn't appear in a cameo. Then again, Michael does like his privacy.

sorry it's such a long answer! Hope it's helpful!

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Whatever happened to Michael Schoeffling the guy who played the hottie Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles?

Source(s): happened michael schoeffling guy played hottie jake ryan sixteen candles: https://shortly.im/Mn3o4
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Whatever Happened To Jake Ryan

• marla
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What Happened To Michael Schoeffling

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ahhh Jake Ryan! How I crushed on him when I was a teenager! I would love a 16 candles reunion! All the women my age would! Anthony Michael Hall turned out to be not such a nerd afterall! And John Cusack too! They can steal my undies any time!

• 1 decade ago

I saw him on the greatest teen stars on vh1. They said he is teaching acting classes now. I think

• 1 decade ago

On the couch at home..

Eating chocolate popsicles?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.