What is "Joey Bag Of Donuts" supposed to mean?

Ive heard a few times by different people, no idea what theyre reffering to...

Favorite Answer

Expression used by Italian Americans refearing to an Fat Guy

• tang

Joey Bag Of Donuts

• marisa

Bag Of Donuts

While it does sound like a crime family name, that's not where it comes from. "Joey Bag of Donuts" refers to a real person who appeared in a WLUP FM (Chicago) commercial in the 80's. He was, by the standards of the day, quite overweight, but boy could he dance!

Here's the link to the WLUP Commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ypfs0aBdc

Youtube thumbnail

The commercial became such a sensation that it he was later featured nationally in a Nike commercial. I wasn't able to find that one on YouTube.

What I heard on WLUP at the time was that he got his nickname from his buddies because he would eat an entire bag of donuts in a single sitting.

• Megan

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/6k7QQ

A. I can definitely think about something without believing it. For instance...a flying carpet. :O B. Possible. Most likely the best answer. C. Connotes open mindedness? Huh? I see no proof of that. Unless of course you mean that it connotes open mindedness in the way in which it makes people think & go to Yahoo Answers for a justifiable answer...huh I just laughed there...and it makes people answer with ridiculous answer that really make you think, which in turn force open mindedness onto you! However maybe you should create a bumper sticker that reads: Don't believe everything you think, but more importantly, don't believe everything you read. :)

Yo, Ima gonna send my friend Joey Bagga Donuts over to discuss our monetary agreement. If youse don't agree he's gonna rearrange your kneecaps, capiche?

Source(s): Godfather, Sopranos, take your pick.