What type of books do you reccomend for me?

i like many different types of books and i would just like some suggestions on things i might like.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Terry Goodkind. Wizard's Rule and sequels.

Spellsong Chronicles by L. E. Modesitt. starting with The Soprano Sorceress

John Ringo's Counsel Wars series (There Will be Dragons, Emerald Sea, Against the Tide, and East of the Sun, West of the Moon)

Anne McCaffrey. Dragon Riders of Pern books

Alice Borchardt. Silver Wolf, The Night of the Wolf, and Wolf King

Garth Nix. Sabriel, Lireal, and Abhorsen

Noel-Anne Brennan. Sword of the Land and Blood of the Land

Steven Brust's books about assassins. In order they are Taltos, Yendi, Dragon, Jhereg, Teckla, Phoenix, Athyra, Orca, and Issola. They can be read out of order and make perfect sense, though.

Robin McKinley's books. Any of them are great. Sunshine is about vampires, and is better than Twilight.

Deborah Hale. Wizard's Ward and Destined Queen

Arabian Nights.

Marian Zimmer Bradley.

Andre Norton. Mark of the Cat

Alice Hoffman. Green Angel

Michael Crichton. Any of his books.

Tanya Huff. Summon the Keeper and sequels.

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Den of Shadows series and her shape shifter series starting with Hawksong

Diana Wynne Jones. Any of her books.

J. K. Rowling. Harry Potter

Morgan Llywelyn. Bard: The Odyssey of the Irish is a wonderful read. If you are interested in Amergin the bard, or anything Irish for that matter, try out this book.

Jennifer Roberson. Chronicles of the Cheysuli

Gregory Maguire. Wicked. He wrote some other books based on fairy tales, like Mirror Mirror.

Robert T. Bakker. Raptor Red

Kate Elliott. Spirit Gate and sequel

Diane Duane. So you Want to be a Wizard and sequels.

Donna Jo Napoli. Sirena and Beast. Check out her other books too

Lisanne Norman. Turning Point and sequels

W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear. People of the Wolf and sequels.

Erin Hunter. Warriors series

George Orwell. 1984

Any and all of Shakespeare's plays

Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen. It's a play

Ray Bradbury. Fahrenheit 451

Terry Pratchett. Any of Pratchett's books.

Madeleine L'Engle. A Wrinkle in Time and sequels

Tamora Pierce. Immortals series, and all her other books as well.

Philip Pullman. His Dark Materials

Shirley Jackson. The Lottery. It's a short story

Richard Connell. The Most Dangerous Game. Also a short story.

I know it's a long list, but there's bound to be something I mentioned that you'll like. Most of them are in the fantasy genre. Hope you don't mind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson.

The story of Arlene Fleet, who left a dark secret back in Alabama and ran away to Chicago after leaving high school ten years ago. When she left, she made a deal with God-with-a-big-G that she would be an exemplary human being: never lying, fornicating or returning to Alabama as long as God made sure that nobody ever found out what she'd done. But now she's under pressure to return for an important family party, not just from her relatives, but from her boyfriend Burr, too. As he's black, and many of her relatives are racist, Arlene has more than a few things to worry about as she makes the journey home to confront her past

• 1 decade ago

if you like some juicy stuff, like i do, try the book "the devil wears prada" or if ur looking for series, try the a-list series, tho if ur a bit younger, you might want 2 try the clique series. tho not every1 likes books like that. so let me see... if u like fantasy stuff, i know this sounds cliche but harry potter is really the best lol =)) or perhaps try twilight, i haven't read that one but everybody is like soo crazy about it so it's gotta be good, right?? if you're into romance, well, only good romance books are the classics, if u ask me. try something classy like pride & prejudice lol. if u like horror or thriller, the best way 2 go is, w/o a doubt, stephen king! start w/ "It". that's what i started w/ lol it was pretty damn scary! :)) also, if you like suspense & stuff books from dan brown is wonderful, especially "angels&demons". if u like historical books tho, i can't help u, these are the only ones i dont read, lol :)) hope i helped, it was kinda difficult as you didnt say what kind exactly you like!!

• 1 decade ago

The Things They Carried

Catcher in the Rye

Ethan Frome

Brave New World

Pledged

Atonement

Twilight

Crime and Punishment

To Kill a Mockingbird

Jane Eyre

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Twilight (Stephenie Meyer), the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series& Meredith Gentry Series (Laurell K Hamilton), The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (Libba Bray), Tiger & Del (Jennifer Roberson), anything by Chuck Palahnuik, hope this helps

• The Named, THe Dark, The Key by Marianne Curley--Kids time-travel and save the world, with dealing with their own soap opera lives and loves.

Tithe, Valiant, Ironside by Holly Black--A world of faeries, in which a human girl discovers she is a pixie and must find herself while saving her friends.

Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras by Scott Westerfeld--A series about extreme beauty and how being perfect isn't all what its cracked up to be.

Midnighters Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld--A group of teens have access to a secret hour hidden in the day and have to overcome the dark beings that live in it.

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause--A werewolf novel about a werewolf-girl who falls in love with a human, but realizes that she has her own role within her pack.

Fruits Basket--Its a manga, if you read those. Basically a girl stumbles upon a family with an ancient curse, and tries to help them break it.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I hear the Halo books are not bad. Tobias Buckell is writing or has written one of the books. Saw one of your questions was about Xbox and thought the Halo books may interest you.

• 1 decade ago

u havent specified what type of books u basically like... anewayz, first try jeffery archer's not a penny more not a penny less, then u can go to john grisham if u like law, try robin cook if u like medicine,

frederick forsyth is amazing too

• 1 decade ago

Matthew Reilly is awesome for action stuff. so is Lee Childs :D

hope this helps and happy reading :)

Source(s): books ive read XD
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my favourite author is Ted Dekker, he writes fantasy, mystery and thriller, with some romance thrown in. just amazing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.