promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do you become a US Army Ranger if you are an officer?

I know how it is done through the enlisted ranks what about officers

Update:

No disrepect to you but the only reason I am asking on here is because I am only 16 and recruiters dont take me seriously. I have tried talking to some but they always say I cant really help you until you turn 17.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Getting your information straight from the 75th Regiment recruiters is your best bet, but this is what I know.

You need a packet that consists of the following,

Current and Updated ORB (your personel jacket)

Army photograph of your self (like your military ID)

Current PT score card (should be 90 points in each catagorey at minimum)

4187 stating requesting assignment to 75th Regiment, signed by your BRIGADE commander

Copies of all your AERs and OERs (evaluation reports)

Letter of intent on why you think you should be considered for Ranger service with contact info

Current AIRBORNE RANGER physical signed and approved by your PA and current full bloodwork

Also, being Airborne and Ranger qualified (as all combat arms officers should be anyways) will help you drastically in getting accepted.

God Speed there future Ranger......

Source(s): SFC VanLaningham COMM: 706-545-5124 DSN: 835-5124 Email: 75recruit@soc.mil SFC Albaugh COMM: 703-325-5566 DSN:221-5566
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

There are two ways to serve with the 75th Ranger Regiment. One is to come into the Army as an enlisted Soldier--you do your basic, AIT, must be Airborne qualified and then you come to the 75th Ranger Regiment and attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program. If you pass all of this--you become a Ranger with the elite 75th Ranger Regiment. If you are an officer in the Army, you put in a packet and if the Regiment is in need of your particular job speciality, and you pass the Ranger Orientation Program and other screening procedures--you are hired. You must have proven yourself in "big" Army first. More information can be found at benning.army.mil and click on the 75th Ranger Regiment link.

Also, if you are interested in attending the Ranger Training Brigade School, you can find information at the above web-site--click on RTB.

There is a difference between serving in the 75th Ranger Regiment and Ranger School--if you attend Ranger School (all male service members are eligible--no girls allowed)--you are Ranger qualified. Serving with the 75th means you are routinely deployed.

Source(s): www.benning.army.mil
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you become a US Army Ranger if you are an officer?

I know how it is done through the enlisted ranks what about officers

Source(s): army ranger officer: https://shortly.im/Q2UCc
  • 4 years ago

No, there are no 2nd Lt Ranger Officers. You have to be a 1st Lt ( promotable ) about 3 years, to even apply for assignment to the Ranger regiment. Ranger and SF officers are career officers, not officers serving their initial service commitments.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well first to be an officer you need a commissioning source. West Point, ROTC, or officer candidate school (OCS). But you must branch Infantry. If you are not infantry, there is a very small chance you will get into the Ranger Regiment. (Not impossible, you could be military intelligence, and have a small chance of getting in because their Ranger battlions need intel officers). But your best chance is branching infantry.

You will have to be in an regular infantry unit for a couple years, before you would be able to get a platoon leader slot in the ranger regiment. You would need to talk to your commanders (company and battlion) so you can get set up for interviews and tryouts.

I would almost go out of a limb and say it is easier for infantry officers to get into the ranger than infantry enlisted soldiers. But you have to be very physically fit and pretty much be the best lieutenant in your battlion.

If you branch infantry after IBOLC (infantry basic officer leadership course) you will go to ranger and airborne, so no need to worry about those.

Source(s): Army Officer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.