Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do Public speaking classes help in overcoming shyness ?

I m 24 year old guy from Mumbai. I m Introvert type of Guy. I know i m more smart than other people around . But the right words never come out from my mouth and have a hard time convincing people proving my point

i was thinking about getting some Public speaking classes.

do they help overcome shyness or do they further put u deep into shell if u not able to perform.

there are 2 types of classes here In Mumbai and also please recommed as to which classes should i start

1) Basic English classes. I aint thinking about that coz my english is good enough. but on other thought, I might be able to speak confidently

2) Intermediate english class : CLasses with Medium Level Knowledge of English.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well everybody is different, and so the outcome would be different for every person. When I had to take speech class, I was nervous about it and was convinced that I wouldn't do good, but surprisingly the class was extremely easy for me and not nervous at all. It did kind of helped me overcome a little of my shyness but not all of it.

Personally I think you should take the class, because then no matter the outcome you'll know that you at least tried and truly that's the best we could do. If you don't try you will never know.

• 1 decade ago

yes and no. It works for some people and not for others. I am extremely shy, but I love public speaking. It hasn't help me overcome my shyness with one on one interactions. But if you are only shy around large groups or if public speaking bothers you, then facing that will help.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is only one way to overcome any fear you have and that is to face it head on. So yes, Public speaking classes would help

• 3 years ago

40000 Cured Social Anxiety : http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?sNlS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I personally believe that some people just have it and others do not. I love getting up in front of people and speaking, but my brother hates it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.