Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can I live my life better and leave the past behind?

1.) Now I weigh 200 pounds, I need to be 145 for a normal BMI . . . Do you think I can do it? What do you think must I do?

2.) I am a person with OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE disorder, and I always thought that I have killed a lot of people or hurt them by contamination, bumping them, or slamming them or, hit them while walking or driving... How can I move on and leave the past behind?

3.) I need to have a positive and happy life... but what hinders me are my worries, fears, and everything like, is it ok if I leave everything behind so I can move forward? My past and my worries and paranoia is killing me . . . How can I have an optimistic life that moves forward?

4.) I also want to break my lustful thoughts and acts . . . how can I do that?

HELP ME FIND WAYS TO REFLECT OR TO DO SOMETHING TO BE BETTER FOR 60 DAYS . . . Thank you so much! And if you can share an inspiring quotation here, that would be much appreciated! Good day!

Favorite Answer

Dude, one step at a time.

I have to tell you straight out: you have a lot in your New Years Resolution. I'll give you my advise and I hope it helps you in any way possible.

For starters, loosing weight is not easy. You have to have motivation and constant perseverance. No "oh I exersised every day last week, I can take a week off". No.

But if you take care of yourself, in time, you'll see change.

I gots a secret fora uuuu: Hakuna Matata!

It means you need to leave your behind in the past--- no, wait, strike that, reverse it... You have put your past behind you... acknowledge that you have made some serious mistakes, learn from them, and forgive yourself.

And as for number 3..... Don't we all! lol we all wish for happiness... well most of us .. but I have a question for you: What kind of happiness are you looking for? weath? health? money? friends? success? family? or a New Life?

I cannot advise you on leaving everything behind and going off in a new direction. The reason is that I have no idea what you would be leaving or what you would be going to. If you are able to drop everything right now and move on, like for instance a job that you hate and you want to quit and go back to school so that you can go for a carreer that you enjoy.. then i would say by all means. However, if you are not able to drop everything right now and go on, for example you have a spouse, family, friends, or anybody who relies on you to be apart of their lives (ask em)..... then I would say no. I have no advise, however, on that piece.

How can you have an optimistic life that moves forward? welllll, you think optimistically. When I figured out what i wanted to do with my life, and found something that I was passionate about, my whole life began to take shape into a really good looking future... I found that when I helped people, seeing their joy was the greatest happiness that I would feel. I love cooking for the homeless shelter and being able to chat with people who need someone to chat to... and making someone laugh whos crying from suffering... is my passion. Find something that gives you happiness... could be art, cooking, photography, singing or music, drawing, making buildings, caring for animals, becoming a doctor, reading or writing, etc. there are millions of activities that you could do... find something that interests you.

Its a good start....

And number four... if you want to break your thoughts and actions you have to catch your self beforehand and stop yourself.... and then just don't think about it and don't do it. I mean keep your self occupied, read interesting mystery books or adventure novels or thrillers, just don't let your mind have the luxury or the time to think about whatever you dont wanna think about.... and as for acts ... if the actions are betraying or hurting or even disrespecting people you love or care about, then use them as a stop sign. If you atcually care about all the people you love, then their happiness will be and is more important then the temptation of the actions. If you care, then their happiness will over override and make you have the courage and motivation to turn away from whatever actions. I don't know if that made sense... hope it did.

"The future belongs to those who have the courage to live their dreams." ~ Les Brown

"Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work." ~ Peter F. Drucker

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Love and Blessings,

Emily

Source(s): My thoughts and brainyqoute.com

The answer to all of these questions is the same.

Change must come from within. You must WANT to change or you will not change. No quotation will help you if you do not want to change, and no quotation is needed if you really want to change.

Losing weight comes from the will to stop eating and start exercising. This is a decision from within to just do it. In this case I will be specific. Consider low-carb diets such as Atkins or Sugar-Busters. Not zero carbs. Just reduce your carbs.

Stopping OCD comes from the will to leave the compulsions behind and leave things alone. It is not that you can leave this behind and drop it. It is that you can drop it first and THEN leave it behind.

Having worries and fears are normal. Just don't let them guide your life into inaction. ACTION is how you break the cycle. Take positive control of your life. By taking control, THAT is how you move forward. THAT is how you change to optimism. Here is the clue you need for this point: When you feel you have nothing good on your horizon, you are probably right because such feelings tend to become self-actualizing. I.e. self-fulfilling prophecies. Similarly, if you can look forward to good times, you can be positive. I will point out that some of your discussion resembles clinical depression, which can be treated in various ways. Seeing professional help if you can afford it might be what you need.

Don't worry about lustful thoughts and acts. (I'm presuming some form of self-stimulation?) Just do other things to take your mind off those acts and thoughts. Take up a constructive hobby.

Don't shoot for 60 days. You'll fall off the wagon in 60 days and end up right back where you started. To make a long-term change in your life you must consciously decide to make a permanent change. If you shoot for short-term change, you'll get one.

All of it comes from recognizing that if you want it badly enough, you can do it. The strength from within depends on your level of desire for this change.

God won't help you from the outside. If you believe in God, just remember that you have God within you. And that is where you will get help if you can get it anywhere.

If you do not believe in God, then you must take active steps based on a true inner desire to change. If you don't really want to change, trust me. You won't. It must come from a true desire to change, no foolin' and no cheatin' at any time.

Let's also distinguish between wanting to change and wishing to change. Wishing is looking outside of yourself. Wanting comes from within you. Don't make a wish. Make a decision based on a need. Then carry out the decision. Inaction is the killer of change. Fear to change kills desire to change. So don't think I disrespect the difficulty of changing. It takes true courage to leave the status quo behind in favor of a new way of living.

Good luck!

You call a therapist and get into talk therapy. Don't remain trapped in your own prison. God wants you to be happy.

Also lots of exercise, great for the body and mind. Start slow. Maybe yoga too! Just your asking shows you are on the right path :)

• Esther

Give your life to Christ. Seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, ask God to help you be the person He would have you be. The bible has in it ways to live righteously and healthfully, too. We have no strength, in and of ourselves, to break the hold sin has over us. But nothing is impossible for God.

The reply to all of those questions is the identical. Change ought to come from inside. You ought to WANT to difference or you'll no longer difference. No citation will aid you if you don't desire to difference, and no citation is wanted should you fairly desire to difference. Losing weight comes from the desire to quit consuming and begin exercise. This is a determination from inside to only do it. In this example I will likely be designated. Consider low-carb diets comparable to Atkins or Sugar-Busters. Not 0 carbs. Just diminish your carbs. Stopping OCD comes from the desire to go away the compulsions in the back of and go away matters by myself. It isn't that you'll go away this in the back of and drop it. It is that you'll drop it first and THEN go away it in the back of. Having concerns and fears are ordinary. Just do not allow them to advisor your lifestyles into inactivity. ACTION is the way you holiday the cycle. Take optimistic manipulate of your lifestyles. By taking manipulate, THAT is how you progress ahead. THAT is the way you difference to optimism. Here is the clue you want for this factor: When you consider you don't have anything well for your horizon, you're in general proper since such emotions have a tendency to turn out to be self-actualizing. I.e. self-enjoyable prophecies. Similarly, if you'll appear ahead to well occasions, you'll be optimistic. I will factor out that a few of your dialogue resembles scientific despair, which may also be handled in more than a few methods. Seeing official aid if you'll have the funds for it perhaps what you want. Don't fear approximately lustful ideas and acts. (I'm presuming a few kind of self-stimulation?) Just do different matters to take your brain off the ones acts and ideas. Take up a positive pastime. Don't shoot for 60 days. You'll fall off the wagon in 60 days and grow to be proper again wherein you began. To make an extended-time period difference for your lifestyles you ought to consciously come to a decision to make a everlasting difference. If you shoot for brief-time period difference, you can get one. All of it comes from spotting that should you desire it badly adequate, you'll do it. The force from inside depends upon your degree of wish for this difference. God may not aid you from the external. If you feel in God, simply recollect that you've got God inside you. And that's wherein you'll get aid if you'll get it anyplace. If you don't feel in God, then you definately ought to take lively steps situated on a real internal wish to difference. If you do not fairly desire to difference, believe me. You may not. It ought to come from a real wish to difference, no foolin' and no cheatin' at any time. Let's additionally distinguish among in need of to difference and wishing to difference. Wishing is watching external of your self. Wanting comes from inside you. Don't make a want. Make a determination situated on a necessity. Then convey out the determination. Inaction is the killer of difference. Fear to difference kills wish to difference. So do not feel I disrespect the hindrance of exchanging. It takes precise braveness to go away the repute quo in the back of in prefer of a brand new manner of residing. Good success!

To live your life better and leave the past behind, I'd recommend praying the rosary. It is explained at the link below. See the following promises:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary/how...

The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

God bless!

Dave