How Has Music Influenced Religion?

How does Music influence Religion?

Thx

Best Answer

music is my favorite subject. music is very powerful force. early humans sat around camp fires beating on hollow logs and blowing bone flutes. the archer plucking his bow string. this was done to keep evil spirits away. I love to watch the TV preachers prance to the music. he hops skips and jumps to the down beat. the whole time the music is playing on the emotions of the crowd. the preacher and the music working them into a hypnotic frenzy. if you mute the set. it is not exciting. all that is left is a man prancing on stage. music when used wrong spreads religion.

Absolutely music has influenced religion....Im not a big religious person. I believe in god but I know alot of artist say things that could spark a thought that would make you research many religions. Also some people Idolize people because of this. Kanye West is one of the artist that people put on the pedestal. I work for http://www.flyahmagazine.com and we have featured artist that have a very positive out look on life and Im sure their music could make you stronger in a godly way. so in other words Music can become your religion

It depends on what is being sung. the words of a song is what is damaging. The more popular the song the more people believe what the words are saying. So yes music has an influence in religion.

REligion has created a lot of music and influenced even more. Religion uses music for expression of beliefs, as well as for indoctrination of believers

Take this for thought, There was very few Muslim missionaries to India. The Muslims who were in India at first was cobblers...

They work by the day and play music by the night. Their music attracted the Hindus and the studied about Islam

I dont know if music influences religion- or if relgion influences the kind of music one will make and entertain.

• gadis

The tune I used to hear whilst I used to be a teen (Motley Crue, Judas Priest, and so forth.) didn't replicate the best way I lived. Years later, in my 20's, my lifestyles did replicate the culture portrayed within the tune. I can not say for certain whether or not or no longer the tune encouraged it. Currently nevertheless, I pay attention to Christian tune (rock, steel, hip-hop) and it displays my ideals. It did not have an effect on them - the ones ideals got here first, the tune got here later. Incidentally, Christian tune is extremely good nowadays. Not just like the ancient days whilst it used to be one-dimensional and lame.

• Amy R

Well, I have noticed that Christian denominations that have kept up-to-date with music in their services have a high rate of growth, while the Churches that refuse to allow "modern instruments" into the service are struggling go bring in younger people.

Music gives expression to human thoughts and emotions...including those of a religious nature.

The popularity of Brittney Spears has shown me that there is no god.