Connor asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What do French eBayers mean by TTBE and TTBE+?

I'm watching an item on eBay and the description includes this abbreviation. I tried Googling it but only got pages of even more auctions with the same initials, all in French. Could somebody please tell what this is supposed to stand for? In its literal French, preferrably.

Update:

It seems to be more TTBE+ than simply TTBE. Google it and you'll see right away.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

tres tres bon etat probably.

very very good condition

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On the Internet they say it means: That's To Be Expected. So it's not french.

edit: I think Quiuu is right, it means Très Très Bon Etat (TTBE). There's also TBE (Très Bon Etat) and Neuf (New).

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

damn it, Alec nailed it! i'm now extra in love with you than ever that somebody easily is familiar with who Louis-Ferdinand Celine IS. "journey To the top Of The night" is my famous. i've got used a highlighter marker on a superb type of the e book. I nevertheless could examine, North, and something of the trilogy. "loss of life on the Installment Plan" is a could. best for you, Buk!

• 1 decade ago

It's one of the acronyms to indicate the condition of the object to be sold :

(n) "Etat Neuf" (New) ; (ttbe) "très très bon état" (very very good condition); (tbe) "très bon état" (very good condition); (be) "bon état" (good condition); (em) "état moyen" (average condition); (me) "mauvais état" (bad condition)

So TTBE+ probably means "très très très bon état" (very very very good condition, 'as new', maybe : 'mint')

Source(s): Belgian
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

TTBE = Very Fine/Near Mint (9.0) à Gem Mint (10.0)

TBE = Fine/Very Fine (7.0) à Very Fine (8.5)

BE = Very Good (3.5) à Fine (6.5)

EM = Good (1.8) à Good/Very Good (3.0)

ME = Poor (.5) à Fair/Good (1.5)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.