On Vista Home Premium Notebook, Will I get a Performance boost from adding 2 GB RAM?

I own an HP Pavilion dv9000 that came with 1GB of Ram. I have added another gig bringing it up to 2GB. But I can replace the 2 existing RAM sticks with 2GB sticks.

If I boost it up to 4GB can I expect a performance increase? If so, is it enough to make the purchase worthwhile? Thanks

Specs: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 1.60 GHz

32 bit Vista home premium

120 GB SATA hard drive

Nvidia Geforce go 6150

Favorite Answer

Absolutelly, I bout an acer with 1 bg it was ok for 2 hours then slow haha I sold it with XP and then I bought another with 3gb and runs great!!

the two adult adult males above me are top... yet... while multitasking and preformance sensible... while has too lots reminiscence even been "no longer a solid undertaking!??" in case you've the money for it do it... Esp working the sixty 4 bit ver of Vista.... (wow..on a observe e book i assume?) at the same time as "No Nmae" is actual in 32 vs sixty 4 compat themes... as a approaches through fact the OS is going.. yet while that's no longer one among your concerns.. decide for it... Make that sucka hum. Make it scream! middle 2 Duo T9300/ Frequency 2500mhz / l2 cache 6144Kib Clock Multiplier 12.5x / Voltage a million.062 - a million.a hundred and fifty V/ 35 W tdp .. li If it is not a workstation and it is have been given a solid potential supply and a Kicka$$ mom board besides... The hell with it... DO IT!

Of course, Vista works better with 2 or greater RAM

Check Compatibility before upgrading!!

Source(s): iguate

I upgraded my laptop from 1GB of RAM to 3GB of RAM and it increased my speed HUGELY. I would strongly recommend upgrading, however your operating system (Vista) is only 32-bit so can only read 3GB of RAM. However I would still upgrade from 2GB to 3GB of RAM (1GB+2GB sticks). This will still give you a performance increase.

i'm guessing its the 32 bit edition in which case it will only use 3 of the 4gb of ram

When adding ram to a pc, you upgrade it s performance.

However, you should know that in windows with 32bit you will have no more than 3.2GB ....

If you had 64bit you pc would use every mb from your ram...

Log into www.crucial.com and scan the system to find out the ram type and what you can add

Yes... especially if you do many things at once... Surf while copying/pasting into a Word document, downloading, etc...

yes up gradation will do gud 4 u