On Vista Home Premium Notebook, Will I get a Performance boost from adding 2 GB RAM?

I own an HP Pavilion dv9000 that came with 1GB of Ram. I have added another gig bringing it up to 2GB. But I can replace the 2 existing RAM sticks with 2GB sticks.

If I boost it up to 4GB can I expect a performance increase? If so, is it enough to make the purchase worthwhile? Thanks

Update:

Specs: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 1.60 GHz

32 bit Vista home premium

120 GB SATA hard drive

Nvidia Geforce go 6150

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutelly, I bout an acer with 1 bg it was ok for 2 hours then slow haha I sold it with XP and then I bought another with 3gb and runs great!!

• 3 years ago

the two adult adult males above me are top... yet... while multitasking and preformance sensible... while has too lots reminiscence even been "no longer a solid undertaking!??" in case you've the money for it do it... Esp working the sixty 4 bit ver of Vista.... (wow..on a observe e book i assume?) at the same time as "No Nmae" is actual in 32 vs sixty 4 compat themes... as a approaches through fact the OS is going.. yet while that's no longer one among your concerns.. decide for it... Make that sucka hum. Make it scream! middle 2 Duo T9300/ Frequency 2500mhz / l2 cache 6144Kib Clock Multiplier 12.5x / Voltage a million.062 - a million.a hundred and fifty V/ 35 W tdp .. li If it is not a workstation and it is have been given a solid potential supply and a Kicka$$ mom board besides... The hell with it... DO IT!

• 1 decade ago

Of course, Vista works better with 2 or greater RAM

Check Compatibility before upgrading!!

Source(s): iguate
  • 1 decade ago

I upgraded my laptop from 1GB of RAM to 3GB of RAM and it increased my speed HUGELY. I would strongly recommend upgrading, however your operating system (Vista) is only 32-bit so can only read 3GB of RAM. However I would still upgrade from 2GB to 3GB of RAM (1GB+2GB sticks). This will still give you a performance increase.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i'm guessing its the 32 bit edition in which case it will only use 3 of the 4gb of ram

• 1 decade ago

When adding ram to a pc, you upgrade it s performance.

However, you should know that in windows with 32bit you will have no more than 3.2GB ....

If you had 64bit you pc would use every mb from your ram...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Log into www.crucial.com and scan the system to find out the ram type and what you can add

• 1 decade ago

Yes... especially if you do many things at once... Surf while copying/pasting into a Word document, downloading, etc...

• 1 decade ago

yes up gradation will do gud 4 u

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.