Don't you ever wonder why..?

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are almost dead?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they already know there is not enough money?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars; but have to check when you say the paint is still wet?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still ape s?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That really hurt, why don't you watch where you're goin g?'

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

And my FAVORITE...... The statistics on sanity is that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Star if you like ;)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I don't, do you? o.o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because they lose money due to your mistake, so you must be the one to reimburse them. Banks don't like to lose money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stars one is a random piece of speculation that everyone subconsciously knows is simply that - speculation. They don't take your word for it that there really are exactly 4 billion stars; they accept it as a guess. The paint thing, however, is something that most people would check simply because it could easily have dried. People like to be sure of small things like that. Also its a lot easier to check whether paint is dry or not than to single-handedly count all of the stars. -.-'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because he is a fictional character. o.o Why could bambi talk?

...Again, fiction. He is also used in comic books, where superhuman strength runs rampant, but 'ducking' is always a source of comic relief.

Because their objective is to make it to their target destination alive so they can carry out their plans, not just randomly die along the way and achieve nothing.

Most likely the inventor of the word, I would assume. It makes sense, as it is a form of onomatopoeia - ie, the sound of the word imitated what it describes.

If you knew anything about Darwin's theory and natural selection, you'd know the answer to that. To make a long story short, creatures evolve due to genetic mutations, and sometimes genetically different groups split off of the original species to form a new one. Just because humans supposedly descended from apes doesn't mean that every ape that ever existed somehow became a human.

Each bubble contains such a small amount of the original liquid that they appear white because the colour is so highly diluted. If the bubble bath had enough dye in it, the bubbles would appear as a light shade of that colour.

Probably not. Companies know that people are more likely to buy something if it is 'on sale', so many things are 'on sale' now these days, even if they were never a higher price.

They generally aren't hoping for materializing food, actually. They were probably unable to remember every single item that was in there the last time they looked, and so they want to refresh their memory, and also look at things to see if anything appeals to them. Something may have been already eaten by someone in the family, or the fridge may have been restocked.

Because they are often too lazy to walk to the garbage for the sake of a small piece of string, or whathaveyou. Often if you position the string in a certain way, the vacuum will be able to suck it up. Its easier that way, for most people.

I'm sure that statistic is a little off, in the first place. Secondly, bags are often packaged so that the flap that you grap to pull it out of the box happens to be the closed end to keep it tidier. If you are intelligent, you quickly figure this out, and automatically flip it around before attempting to open it.

...This one should, I think, be fairly obvious. Dead bugs don't materialize in light fixtures. They crawl/fly there (yes, while still alive), then die from the light.

Oh, there are some people who will indeed go for the second response. They are the ones generally deemed 'rude'. The polite thing to do in a situation like that is graciously accept the person's apology, and realize that they probably didn't do it on purpose. Everyone makes mistakes. And in reality, it really is 'all right'. I doubt you'd die from sustaining such an injury.

Because generally when you make a mad leap across a room to save something, being graceful isn't number one on your priority list. You're moving too fast to be careful, so often you'll knock something else over if there are other things nearby.

The reality is, we don't keep our houses THAT warm. In the summer we complain because the temperature is ABOVE what is comfortable...contrastingly, in the winter, it's cold. Therefore we heat our houses to raise the temperature to what is comfortable, not above it.

Because mother-in-law jokes are based on a stereotype that doesn't exist as much for fathers-in-law. Why do we seldom hear 'brunette' jokes?

Obviously that statistic is a generalization based on a huge population, and can not be scaled down to include that exact amount of people.

• 4 years ago

most of your Q's are simply answered yourself.Islam is not wanted by a large majority of the worlds population.It is an outmoded 'mysogonistic belief system just like most other major religions.Any system that condones publicly hanging 16yo rape victims has either a few questions to answer or to be completely rejected by any civilised human.You can't come back at me by saying judaism and christianity are just as bad because plainly they are not and I am neither of those. This isn't a psychology Q anyway......try the chip on the shoulder page

• 1 decade ago

You are a very curious girl, fruitloop! I'll get back to you with the answers ASAP.

Thx, I enjoyed that. I'll throw you a star for your efforts!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HUMANS DID NOT EVOLVE FROM APES!!!

sorry but people thinking that really annoys me.

infact humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor which IS now extinct. so there, now you know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

wow ur verry curious you brought up some gud points and that was very intertaining

• 1 decade ago

I am shocked. Cannot answer any one. Star from me

• 1 decade ago

omg those are soo funny i would giv u 5 stars if i could!!!

• Awesome =)

• 1 decade ago

you know ive wonderend the same things..........you get a star for curosity....its good to be curious :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

thx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.