Advice on letting the father of my baby in the delivery room--(sorry it's so long)?

I'm 14w2d pregnant with my first baby. I was engaged when I got pregnant and everything was perfectly fine. However, over Thanksgiving, we broke up. I had huge issues with his sister. My ex and I were planning a housewarming party and his sister ever so willingly, did my registry with my fiance and... show more I'm 14w2d pregnant with my first baby. I was engaged when I got pregnant and everything was perfectly fine. However, over Thanksgiving, we broke up. I had huge issues with his sister. My ex and I were planning a housewarming party and his sister ever so willingly, did my registry with my fiance and didn't even ask if it was okay. She sent out invitations to her side of the family, but not mine. Also, she told me the date and it was on my grandfather's birthday and I told them my conflict and his entire family got mad at me. Not to mention the fact that she bought my baby's first outfit. I just feel like she's taking over. The thing is, my ex took up for her, and totally abandoned me and purposely made me seem selfish and told his family that I was being a B****. Some of it may seem trivial, but the fact is that he didn't even try to see things from my perspective, as it had been that way for several months, and I just couldn't take anymore. He and his sister both ganged up on me, telling me I was crazy, when all I did was calmly explain my feelings. He just completely changed all of a sudden and I found out that he was inviting girls to move in with him and he was slandering my name in e-mails to people, which they forwarded to me. And they threatened to take me court over my engagement ring and my baby.

Ever since the breakup, I've received several threatening texts and e-mails from both my ex and his sister, telling me that he's going to get full custody, he's going to make the baby have his last name, and he's going to have all the rights. I know he can't do this, but it really got to me, and caused me unnecessary stress to the point where I was actually throwing up from crying so much. He talked to his attorney and now that he found out that I have all the power, he's been sucking up to me, but again, harassing me. I've logged all the times he's called when I've told him to stop, he just doesn't get it.

Basically, I wanted to get some opinions on whether or not I should let my ex be in the delivery room with me. I just can't seem to get over all the stress he has caused me. My take on it is if he couldn't man up then, he sure as hell can't do it now. Why should he be there watching me go through all the pain, knowing that he will just cause me stress? I don't want him touching me, I don't want him near me. The thought of it makes me cringe. He didn't even help me look for insurance and because of him not helping me or supporting me, I had to apply for Medicaid and WIC and just lost the best OB/GYN because she doesn't accept Medicaid. I'm just really bitter, but I am trying not to be selfish. I have done everything else alone (dr's appts, paying out of pocket for appts, applying for medicaid, etc) why not at the delivery as well?

Sorry so long! Just pissed!
Update: Thank you! I loved reading all your responses...I needed a good laugh! I'm still open to anything and if he decides to make a turnaround, that's great. I want him in my baby's life. But he is going to pay $$$literally...bastard. Ima Vegan--I'm definitely keeping this baby though. I don't... show more Thank you! I loved reading all your responses...I needed a good laugh! I'm still open to anything and if he decides to make a turnaround, that's great. I want him in my baby's life. But he is going to pay $$$literally...bastard.

Ima Vegan--I'm definitely keeping this baby though. I don't believe in abortion at all.
Update 2: Thank you, but it isn't a "self-esteem" issue. If I really acted on my feelings, I wouldn't call him until after I was home and nursing and say, "Oh...sorry. I delivered." I'm trying to be considerate to both my ex and our baby, especially the baby. I've tried so hard to... show more Thank you, but it isn't a "self-esteem" issue. If I really acted on my feelings, I wouldn't call him until after I was home and nursing and say, "Oh...sorry. I delivered." I'm trying to be considerate to both my ex and our baby, especially the baby.

I've tried so hard to work it out, but all of this is so hard mentally, physically, financially. Thanks for your answers!

I'm really thinking about the magazine and change thing though haha :]