My computer keeps crashing.?

My computer keeps crashing and I don't know why. Its brand new and has Vista as an OS. Is this the finer points of Vista that I have heard so much about?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

*************computer crashed******************************************************************************************

Load your computer into SAFE MODE(F8 or F6 during startup). Then check the event viewer to see what is causing the problem. The event viewer is a detailed tree that will allow you to view all files or applications that were accessed within a specified period. The two sections that you should pay special attention are Critical and Error

1.Click Start

2.Click Control Panel

3. Click System and Maintenance

4. Click Administrative Tools

5. Double-Click Event Viewer.

6. Under Windows logs, Click System tab

7. Check for red errors icons and the exclamation icons.

Hope this helps!

http://www.delete-computer-history.com/computer-cr...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Put the OS disk in the cd rom and restart the computer. Now click the button that says repair. This is the finest point of Vista. You may also want to try updating it to the most recent version.

Source(s): computer builder
  • Krispy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

vista is virtually bug free for me. I love it. Soo, maybe its some IRQ problems, but since its Vista, i dont really know. Need more details.

• 1 decade ago

the whole thing about vista being bad are a good add campain on apples part dont listen vista is great. and it must be a virus or something you are doing. go download crapcleaner just google it and run a cleaner

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

We need more info on crash.

Otherwise I would have to say,.....Yep

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.