What is a good reading list for a 13 year old boy?

I read a lot of books and I read at a high level. I want Fantasy books, but don't recommend Harry Potter or Narnia I've Read them. I've read all Cornilia Funke books and the Percy Jackson books.Thanks

I read max ride and eragon. Thats helpful though, exept for the stupid eragon one. Who the hell r u?

Favorite Answer

You might like The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer, Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, A Mid Summer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.

Harris & Me, Gary Paulsen

Tangerine, Edward Bloor

Samurai Shortstop, Gratz

Among the Hidden, Haddix

Stormbreaker, Anthony Horowitz

Alabama Moon, Watt Key

Heat, Mike Lupica

Daniel Half Human, David Chotjewitz

House of the Scorpion, Nancy Farmer

Beyond the Western Sea, Avi

The Wednesday Wars, Gary Schmidt

Godless, Pete Hautman

Holes, Louis Sachar

That can get you started.

• card

Alcatraz as against the Evil Librarians, Brandon Sanderson (4) A Wrinkle in Time, Madeline L'Engle (4) Chronicles of Narnia, C. S. Lewis (six) The Neverending tale, Michael Ende Momo, Michael Ende Michael Vey: The Prisoner of cellular 25, Richard Evans The Wind in the Willows The Giver, Lois Lowry Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, Robert C. O'Brien

There are so many it is not funny! I really like Garth Nix- the keys to the kingdom, Terry Brooks- if you like more adult fantasy, Isobelle Carmody- The Obernwtyn chronicles( if you don't mind reading in first person through a girls eyes), Brian Jacques- Redwall (heroes and villains in the form of woodland creatures), my friend likes James Patterson, you might like the Tomorrow when the war began series- sorry can't think of the author, Lord of the Rings, for a really thick book try the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever.

Source(s): My own reading history

I am a girl with adventure/fantasy book taste and my mom let me borrow a series called "Rose of the Prophet", the first one is called The Will of the Wanderer, the second one is called The Paladin of the Night, and the third one is called The Prophet of Akhran. Another GREAT series is the Magyk series by Angie Sage. Also have you tried the 39 clues?? Its by the same author as the Percy Jackson series, Rick Riordan.

Source(s): Me, my mom, and my books.

The Saga of Darren Shan -By Darran Shan.

Its a 12 book preteen boyhorror series about vampires, age appropriate.

The midnighters - By Scott Westerfeld

Trilogy about time stopping at midnight for an hour and only "midnighters" being able to move around in the hour. Fantasy.

Source(s): When I was a 13 year old boy

Eragon

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are the most obvious books to read for fantasy. If you want to branch out into Sci-Fi you could try Vonnegut or Philip K. Dick. I remember reading Brian Jacques at that age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Jacques

You might like some non-fiction books about wars and stuff. You should read "Killer Angels. All of the guys I know (I'm 14) have loved that book.

If you're not too mature, try the Artemis Fowl books to get yourself started.