? asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 1 decade ago

Is it okay to wear this ice skating? =)?

Is it okay to wear skinny jeans ice skating? Can't I just stick them down in the ice skates? I'm probably going on vacation in a few months and I want to try ice skating (for the first time).

Best Answer

also try wearing leggings under the jeans (like tights). and a long-sleeved shirt, jacket, coat, scarf, gloves and hat..... layers, layers, layers

I am going ice-skating tomorrow, and I am wearing skinny jeans and a turtleneck. I think it's more comfortable wearing that. Wide-legged jeans always bunch up and get annoying!

Have A Nice Day!

and

Happy New Years!

Jan. 1, 2009

11:20 pm

yeah skates are just heeled boots with blades at the bottom you might not beable to more & when you fall you will be soaking wet because ice melts on your jeans & they dont dry fast so you will get cold if you fall

have fun your first time skating! but you will fall & it might hurt but dont let pain stop you from skating i know some one who skated at regionals or sectionals with a broken foot!

Definitely all right -- but they might be a little uncomfortable. Maybe regular jeans, or even sweats, would be more comfortable. But if you're okay (you won't be able to move around a lot, and falling might be painful, especially if you're just starting) then go ahead. It'll be fine!

Sure you could! you would probably not be able to move your legs as freely as you would wearing sweatpants but skinny jeans r fine.

u can wear whatever ur comfortable in as long as ur not in a class, in which case ur not allowed to wear jeans. jeans get and stay wet if you fall though, so i reccomend yoga pants. best of luck!

~Alice