Renting a car from Paris to London?

My family is going on a trip this summer, and we'd like to rent a car in Paris and drop it off in London (we will take it on a ferry to get across the Channel). We are neither French nor English (we're American), if that matters. We've looked on many, many car rental sites but only Hertz has allowed us... show more My family is going on a trip this summer, and we'd like to rent a car in Paris and drop it off in London (we will take it on a ferry to get across the Channel). We are neither French nor English (we're American), if that matters. We've looked on many, many car rental sites but only Hertz has allowed us to do this one-way rental (and for $1700 US dollars, which seems like an awful lot for 5 days!)

Are we missing something?

Are there any sites/companies you can suggest to us?

Thanks so much!!
Update: Thanks for the warning about driving, but I've driven in many countries in Europe and Asia, including both France and England, so I think I'll be okay. I actually think the driving in these countries, aside from all those roundabouts in France, to be far easier than in many others, so no worries :)