why was the amulet of anubis created?

ancient egypt

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You were just watching "The Mummy Return" didn't you?

Anyway, this explanation is from the DC Comic Book and not Ancient Egypt. Ok.

The Egyptian deity Anubis rewarded his most devoted follower, the mad priest Khalis, with a gift, the Amulet of Anubis, holding part of the god's own power. In the following years, Khalis used the Amulet to take mental control of a legion of Nubian slaves and made them build "the mightiest of pyramids" to honour Anubis. However, when Nabu the Wise, a Lord of Order in human form who served various Egyptian Pharaohs, discovered the actions of Khalis, he was not pleased. With a wave of his arm, Nabu freed the slaves from the priest's spell and let them have their revenge on Khalis. As Khalis was buried, Nabu took the Amulet as his own. In the 1940s, Nabu transformed Kent Nelson into his champion Doctor Fate, The Amulet has been part of the arsenal of this Fate and all his successors ever since.

Inside the Amulet of Anubis lies an entire world, where the now deceased former incarnations of Fate – Kent and Inza Nelson, Eric and Linda Strauss, and Jared Stevens, plus Kid Eternity – live on. Mordru and Fury (II) have also been held prisoner here.

Don't take my word from it. I'm not quite sure.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why was the amulet of anubis created?

ancient egypt

Source(s): amulet anubis created: https://shortly.im/uNb5P
  • 3sa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Created by the Egyptian god Anubis and given to his most devoted follower. Gives the wearer vast magical abilities. In the possession of Doctor Fate.

• 5 years ago

No Terrorists No Racism No Recession No same sex marriages No Rape No Satan No natural disaters No Global Warming No World Hunger No Pro Sport Lockouts No Child Abuse, No Animal Abuse, No Woman Abuse More Cheaper Prices on Food, Gasoline, Clothing, Electronics & etc WWE and TNA rebranded as 'Total Nonstop World Wrestling' Lance Bass, Reichen Lehmkuhl, Spencer Duhm, Sam Champion and Matt Dallas living as women GSN divide into 2 channels(GSN Classic and GSN Modern) with the aide of Challenge TV, Fremantlemedia, Fremantlemedia Australia, Viacom, Seven Network, BBC, Channel 4(UK), CBS, Warner Bros, NBCUniversal and Sony Pictures Televison Comcast Digital, Charter Digital and AT&T U-verse united together as one big America's digital cable televison Most of the entire earth's landscape will be similar to the 1980s and 1990s

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pascha
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My guess is, for protection. Anubis was an Egyptian god associated with protection.

• 1 decade ago

you also need the helm of Nabu. Dr Fate pwns

• 1 decade ago

i dont know. i am sorry

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.