ALS, MS, Parkinson's, Essential tremor, Anxiety, STRESS? Anybody PLEASE HELP!?

I have an anxiety disorder, so im a bit of a hypochondriac....so bear with me please.

LONG STORY SHORT: i have shakey (very slightly) hands, and a feeling of heaviness or weakness in my legs and forearms. its been going on for about a week. they did lots of blood work and stuff, and said it was all ok. also, no diseases of any kind run in my family, or cancers....

if you want to read the whole story, carry on.

Over the past year or so i have had plenty of muscle twitches in all random spots of my back, arms, and legs, even my abs twitch sometimes...its dont last too long. and my muscles have never felt tired

Recently, about a week ago my hands started trembling...like a nervous person...i have a slight tremor in both hands, and have seen a general practice doctor. who set me up to see a neurologist this monday.

My forearms, and lower legs feel tired, and my hands have a tremor. i WOULD alsmost say i feel like my legs could give out when i walk, but i am able to jog around the block and all that, so im guessing its maybe an anxious though i have, because they feel tired...the hands shake when i hold them out to do something, like if i hold em out flat and try to keep them steady, they look like they are trembling. but if i rest my hands on a desk or something it stops...

i have no other symptoms or anything like that...the doctor said he believed it was some type of benign something tremor...and he said it may go away by monday, and come back a week later, or never....

anyone have any other ideas of what this could be?

Favorite Answer

You exhibit only signs of typical generalized anxiety order with hypochondriosis.

It is vital that you see a doctor for a complete check up so that when you begin to worry about this wide variety of symptoms, you can assure yourself that you do not have them. I am glad you are going to see a neurologist...that will definitely help.

DO NOT look up information about illnesses on the internet as with your condition you are much to highly suggestable to believing your have symptoms that are not really there and can even manifest symptoms through suggestion.

You need to take a therapy course to learn Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, most importantly in your situation to learn to counter the thoughts of being sick. This can be done, you do not have to live in fear.

you have no true symptoms of ANYTHING. i'm like you, i always worry so much that i get PHYSICALLY ill and start ACTUALLY seeing symptoms that i'm thinking about. you have nothing. if you had even a slight chance of anything, the doctor would have caught it at your checkup and made sure that nothing's wrong. the twitches are NOT seizures (trust me, if you were having seizures, even minor ones, you would be laying on the floor unconcious, and someone would call 911). you are WAY too young for parkinsons, and MS is an extremely unlikely possibility (and you're too young for it anyways). the best thing to do is to CALM DOWN! 99% of your symptoms will go away once you convince yourself that you're perfectly healthy. that's what I did, and now i rarely have any symptoms or twitches, only when i think about it. also, stress can bring out physical symptoms which is pretty weird, but true. a couple days ago, my brother actually had to get tests done to check for a brain tumor, and i was SOOOO stressed out that i woke up in the middle of the night and threw up! also, i would have random tremors of my whole body shaking for a couple seconds on and off. all of this is STRESS! when we got the good news of my brother being healthy, no more throwing up, no more shaking! your boyfriend is giving you lots of stress on top of your everyday stress. you'll be fine.

• Mags

The first answer you received is correct. In all likelihood your symptoms are related to your anxiety and hypochondria rather than a neuro-muscular disease like Parkinson's disease.

Most tremor, stiffness, loss of balance occurs on one side in the early stages of PD. It would be ususual to find tremors in both hands or both legs.

Breathe and exhale slowly. Let your breathing relax you. You may find that easing the panic will also ease the symptoms.

I know how hard it is to let go of those fears once they plague you but you need to find your center, inner peace, whatever you want to call it in order to relax enough to normalize your blood pressure and get rid of the symptoms.

Aren't you lucky that you have a neuro appointment tomorrow.

Make a complete written list for the doctor. Reciting everything will only increase your anxiety.

Best wishes