Whats the difference between Arcade and Elite? XBOX?

I want to buy a xbox arcade because it is the cheapest, but if its gonna be crap then im not gonna buy it, but what is the difference between arcade,normal and elite. Does Arcade Suck? Or does it play normaly like it should.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Elite has more harddrive space.

And it's newer so some say it has less chance of getting red ring of death.

I have elite and it works great, but gameplay should be the same

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ok well elite is 200$ more so im not gonna compare arcade and elite cuz elite is expensive.

the normal kind is the pro for 299$.

arcade is the same as the pro except like 4 things....

the arcade doesn't have a hardrive which is a must have for a big gamer or for online play, if u just wanna play a couple game without online then arcade is the way to go. also arcade doesn't have a headset which is only needed to chat on online play. arcade doesn't have a HD/AV cable which this isn't very important cuz i don't even use it.

bottom line if you only play a couple games with no online then save 100$ and buy arcade, but if online play is a must like me buy the pro.

i have the elite it runs very good and very fast on downloads which is a must because i go online alot on it.

• 1 decade ago

The arcade works the same but it has a very very small amount of memory, the elite has an amazing amount of memory but its way too expensive. I think the 360 is the best because it is a reasonable amount of money and it has good memory space. I actually bought a Xbox 360 a few weeks ago. (and the 360 comes with "Kung Fu Panda" and "Lego Indiana Jones", they're both fun)

• 1 decade ago

no difference except arcade doesn't come with internal memory, so if you are planning to play lots of games and download of xbox live, youre going to have to buy a hard drive, which is another $150. the elite comes with a 60gig hdd, and some say it is less prone to problems than the normal xbox.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the main difference is that arcade has no memory. that's why it's like an arcade system. i'd recommend pro, which is what i got (275 over xmas) unless you're a hardcore gamer, then elite or, arcade if you don't intend to play games that need saving

• 1 decade ago

being a uncool day im not the best to answer but.... know the arcade does not have a hard drive or wireless Controller comes w a wired CONTROLLER the normal one does have a wireless CONTROLLER and a 20? gb hard drive no sure on size the Elite which my son has includes some x box live subscription and 120 gb hard drive and a wireless CONTROLLER

• 1 decade ago

Arcade has no interior memory card, its nearly only for online game and its cheaper then normal xbox 360...

The elite is same as the normal xbox 360, just in black, and has more memory save and its more expensive then normal xbox 360...

Cheers...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Arcade doesn't come with a harddrive, and isn't backwards-compatible with original Xbox games. It comes with a 250 MB memory card.

Pro/Premium comes with a 20 GB hard drive and is backwards-compatible with over 300 original Xbox games.

Halo Edition comes with a 60 GB harddrive, and is basically the same as the Pro/Premium. It is all green with a gold/orange trim.

Elite comes with a 120 GB harddrive, is backwards-compatible with over 300 original Xbox games, and is matte black. Comes with a black controller.

• 1 decade ago

the difference is in the hard drive. If you are planning on saving a lot of info on ur xbox then you should buy the elite.

• 1 decade ago

buy the premium xbox!! the cost of buying an xbox arcade and a hard drive individualy cost more thn the premium console which comes with a hard drive

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.