For 2009: Should I start playing WoW or EQ2?

Here is the lowdown: I played EQ for at least 5 years and quit about 5 years ago for various reason. After almost a 5 year break, I wanted back in to the MMO Fantasy genre so I started playing Vanguard. This is the game I currently play. Here is the catch: Vanguard has a super low server population and although my... show more Here is the lowdown:
I played EQ for at least 5 years and quit about 5 years ago for various reason. After almost a 5 year break, I wanted back in to the MMO Fantasy genre so I started playing Vanguard. This is the game I currently play. Here is the catch: Vanguard has a super low server population and although my playing time suits soloing, I barely find any groups and it just feels as if its a world in exile with the bareness of other players. The game is awesome, story great, graphics are TOP NOTCH, classes are fun, etc.... Its just like it's missing the buzz and excitement that can only be created by a healthy server population. That being said, I am thinking of trying another MMO to see if I can enjoy myself a bit more. Now I have never played WoW except for on a private sever which contained about 100 players during peek times, and only for a few weeks. So I have never had the full Blizzard WoW experience. This free private WoW server thing was like over 1 to 2 years ago anyways. I find myself wondering if I should try out the real WoW experience.

The alternative option would be EQ2, I tried the trial version about a year ago and enjoyed it but it was just the first few levels and there was no grouping whatsoever, which can be expected at low levels I think?

Anyhow, I know that WoW and EQ2 have their differences, however I still find myself torn between those 2 games or maybe even a surprise 3rd option, being staying with Vanguard. It just feels like I logging into a deserted game in Vanguard. It's too bad cuz its such a great game design now.

Anyhow, your comments, insight and feedback would be greatly appreciated in helping me decide which direction I should be taking. I am open to hearing anything out.

Cheers and many thanks !