What happens if u cashed out a personal check made to u,wks later to find out accnt was closed u already spend?

The client owed me 3000 dollars. So on dec. 19, 2008 I went to a cashed checking store where the girl took the check with no problem and cashed my check. A week later the cash checking store is calling me stating the account was closed and I need to bring the money back. What can I do about this, because it was a... show more The client owed me 3000 dollars. So on dec. 19, 2008 I went to a cashed checking store where the girl took the check with no problem and cashed my check. A week later the cash checking store is calling me stating the account was closed and I need to bring the money back. What can I do about this, because it was a personal check that was made to me and I feel that if it was cancelled they should've known when i cashed it out. They cal me everyday I feel harrassed I understand why but i feel like there has to be another way, and I also provided the store with the owner of the checks personal number, because they started to leave messages stating that I knew the account was closed, when I had no clue. WHat should I do ?