Evan asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

I was sewing my underwear when I accidentally prick my finger with the needle,can I get Aids from needle?

I heard that you can get aids from needles.

Can I get a tetanus too from the needle?

I was sewing my underwear because it ripped the last time I wore it.

Favorite Answer

you might give yourself aids from the underwear, but if it's yours, wouldn't you already have aids?

you can get a tetanus, but only if the needle was rusty.

you get aids from needles of syringes, not sewing needles.

The needles we're talking about are used for hypodermic insertion, that means gays use them also for this type of operation and reuse them, thus, passing AIDS. Not from a sewing needle but, you can get a very nasty infection like cellulitis from the bacteria on your own skin, the needle, etc MRSA, tetanus, etc so you should have a tetanus shot every two years for protection from this.

Source(s): former MedLabTechnologist supervisor

It is highly unlikely you will get AIDS from a sewing needle unless it already had AIDS on it. I have pricked my finger on sewing needles plenty of times before and i haven't got AIDS from it. I don't think that there is anything for you to worry about and if you are still not convinced then go to the doctors or the hospital to get it checked out, which i think is unneccesary.

Every single needle from the "Needle factory" gets a generous coating of AIDS before shipping out. Yes. Congratulations you now have AIDS... You were born with tetanus..

theoretically you could, however only if the needle had the blood of someone else who has aids on it. however if the blood was dry for more than several hours then the possibility of contracting aids is next to zero, again on that theoretical level.

most aids contractions from needles, are from the sharing of intravenous needles, this usually happens when people are using intravenous drugs, and the blood is fresh, so that's how aids is spread.

yes you can get tetanus from a needle theoretically, but tetanus comes from bacteria, so again slim chance since that needle was indoors

AIDS, not likely! Tetanus, a small possibility, if the needle is rusted!

They're talking about hypodermic needles.....if you stuck someone with your sewing needle, and they have aids, then there's a possibilty...maybe u should switch to velcro....

• Alice

You need to come in contact with someones blood infected with ailments to get them. Needles don't carry diseases its the diseased blood ON THEM that does.

Seriously, if its a fresh needle don't worry.

Well, did the Needle have aids on it?

And was the needle dirty? aka rusty?

=)

I agree with the first answer

• Del8 months agoReport

Me too. You are more like to get aids from the underwear than from the sewing needle. But if there is dirt, bacteria or germs on the needle when you prick your finger you could pick up some infection especially if your immune system is low, like if you have aids.