Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

how can i go to canada?

i just got back from a student exchange in canada (im australian) and i was half way through 12th grade there... now that im back in australia i've pretty much only just started 12th grade due to the different schooling system. for obvious reasons i dont want to do 12th grade all over again i would rather go back to canada and finish 12th grade there and save 6 months.

my question is, WITHOUT doing a student exchange again, how can i go back to canada and finish school there... and a friend and her family have said i can live with them

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Minor children who come to Canada to study and who are not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, must be cared for by a responsible adult in Canada. This person is known as a custodian.

    Legal arrangements must be made to give the custodian in Canada permission to act in place of a parent. Two notarized documents are required. A notarized document is a document that has been certified by a notary.

    The first notarized document must be signed by the parents or legal guardians of the minor child in the child’s country of origin. The second notarized document must be signed by the custodian in Canada.

    Find standard custodian form letters in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

    The visa officer must be satisfied that adequate arrangements have been made for the care and support for minor children who travel to Canada to study.

    Minors traveling alone

    Minor children who are traveling alone must:

    bring contact information (name, address and phone number) with them about the custodian who will be responsible for them in Canada and where they will be going to school; and

    have a letter of permission from their parent(s) and a letter from their custodian in Canada.

    If the child is the subject of a custody order, additional information is required. A custody order is an order of a Court that indicates which parent has care and control of a child. If a custody order has been issued, a copy of the order must be provided. A letter indicating the other parent’s consent is also required.

    minor children studying in Canada

    Study permits for minor children

    Many people who come to Canada temporarily to work or study want to be able to educate their accompanying minor children here. The new Act makes this process easier.

    Under the new legislation, people who are coming to Canada to work or study do not need a letter of acceptance from a primary or secondary school in order to apply for study permits for their accompanying minor children.

    Foreign nationals who are minor children already in Canada—except those whose parents are visitors—do not need a study permit to attend primary or secondary school. However, if the parents are temporary residents of Canada in the visitor class, their minor children must have a study permit to attend primary or secondary school. Study permits for primary school students are issued for a period of one year and can be renewed.

    Effective January 31, 2005, study permits for foreign students enrolled in secondary school (grades 9 to 12 in the territories and provinces outside Quebec, and secondaire III, IV and V in Quebec) can be issued for the full length of the intended period of study at a secondary school in Canada (maximum 4 years).

    There is no requirement at all for a study permit at the pre-school or kindergarten level.


    Minor children who have come to Canada from other countries often have documents issued by CIC or their country of origin.

    The following table summarizes these documents and indicates whether or not the children need a study permit to enrol in a school. School authorities may also use the table to help them determine when school fees apply.

    documentation required

  • 1 decade ago

    Make whatever arrangements you need. I'm in Victoria B.C. and I know from when I was in high school we had lots of Japanese students. They don't do it by exchange, their parents and schools in Japan make the arrangements and they come over. If you already have a Canadian family that will provide a residence, I don't see what the problem would be. I'm sure you could find a school that would enroll you, probably the same one you were at before. You should make sure that a Canadian education is recognized by the Australian government. It would be pretty rough if you end up with a high school graduation diploma from Canada that Australian companies won't accept. Good luck, Quite frankly, I would rather see more Australian students than Japanese :-)

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    omg! I would COMPLETELY trade you spots, it has always been my dream to live in Australia even if it is for a few months!

    im canadian and I HATE living here, its raining all the time and its ALWAYS clody (escept for the summer months) I live in B.C

    just the thought of going to australia would be AMAZING.

    Source(s): mee
  • 1 decade ago

    You could find a private school that you can study at, I would try contacting a school in the location that you wish to study.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Join a terrorist group,we have welfare,medical and the charter of rights.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    ya man you have to take sat 1

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    ride a blue whale, its free

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    use a boat, JACK GENISEN IS GAY

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.