J.K. Rowling or Stephanie Meyer?

Thanks GODDDD people!!!!!!

I thought there was a possibility that most of you answered Meyer...but you didnt...J.K.Rowling is the best writer ever...I love twilight too of course...but Rowling doesn´t abuse of love to tell a good story.What would it be of twilight without love?

wow ultimate...you just described it perfectly

No Andy, this is not the question.If I ask that, the fans will get crazy.

I am a fan of both Twilight and Harry Potter, but as a writer, I think noone beats Rowling.

Thanks to everyone for answering, Twilighters and Harry Potter fans :)

Happy New year!

Favorite Answer

J.K. Rowling is definitely better.

While I agree that JKR's writing style is not exactly great, it still trounces Meyer's. Meyer writes like an eleven-year-old fanfiction author. Not good for a published work. JKR also has a better plotline and world than Meyer. She doesn't have many plotholes like Meyer does, and wrapped every single question up in the last book. JKR foreshadowed so much but it wasn't obvious. When Stephenie Meyer foreshadows, it's either a "dream" or something so obvious you just want to whack Bella in the head. JKR's world is so immense, so complete, it feels almost like it could happen. Her plot, although it is about something like magic, still makes sense. Finally, JKR can create charracters that are well-rounded and so real! Many of Meyer's characters are one or two dimensional.

Also, Rowling knows how to handle press much better than Meyer does. Meyer just isn't strong enough to handle things like the Midnight Sun leak effectively. Rowling handles it in an adult manner. She never comes off as condescending to her fans and always has a nice word to say.

EDIT: Thanks Elvira! :)

I love TWILIGHT to heaven and the writing style is good but NOTHING will ever beat J.K. Rowling. I'm sorry. I haven't even read the whole Harry Potter series and I have no plans to, but the point is, Rowling has more gifted and more of an experienced writer.

It's not reasonable to compare the two.

P.S. Twilight still rocks my world and your question is as if asking: Which is better, Twilight or H.P? but I guess not. It's totally different if you're just comparing the authors.

happy new year.

J.K Rowling all the way - when i read her books i felt like i was actually a part of it, she has real talent. Meyer seems like a starved author who needed some cash and hit the big bucks by using love and a sparkly godlike guy and all that stuff to rein the people in - J.K Rowling didn't need to do that. She is just awesome and she didn't try to rush and answer all the questions in the end- she built the storyline slowly and thoughtfully- which is why her series are better and why she is better.

Given the choices, Rowling. I could name a few series that have better authors than Rowling, and all the books I own are better than Twilight.

• dixie

J.K Rowling!! Duh!

I don't think Meyer deserves to be compared with Jo Rowling.

J.K. Rowling = Genius

Meyer= Normal writer who most of the time tends to write like a 12 year old. (No offense).

• -_-

Comparing them two is like comparing a crappy car next to a brand new car.

J.K. Rowling's books were amazing. And she spent I believe 15 years on her plot. Also she made the characters more realistic and not sparkly and god like.

They are both pimped out by the same people you know

lesser of two evils: JK

Stephanie Meyer all the way!

With J.K. Rowling, there seems to be ALOT of b.s. in what they're saying.

With Stephanie, you could actually seem at least a little bit of truths in them.

Though both of them are completely fictional, it's nice to know that someone can come up with something, I don't know, a little truthful

I think J.K. Rowling is a better writer.

And I love Harry Potter so I'll say J.K. Rowling

Her books are genius.

She always knew where she was going with her story and never let her fans down.

Stephanie Meyer. Twilight was the most amazing series ive ever read=]