Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Pregnant and worried about miscarriage.?

Alright, So I KNOW this is a typical question, but I just want a little insight from maybe people who have been in my position, nurses, or anything of the sort. It would be appreciated.

This is my second pregnancy, but my first one I miscarried in April 2008 at around 10 weeks. This is going to sound stupid, but last pregnancy I thought I skipped my period because I was stressed, and then by the time I made a doctors appointment, two days before my prenatal visit I miscarried.

I am pregnant again, 11 weeks as of today, and I was wondering how likely it is for me to miscarry again. Miscarriages aren't likely in my family, my mom lost her first baby to a miscarriage, and both of my sisters never have had one, but they both have 5 kids all together. Is it likely to miscarry again? I'm taking very good care of myself, going to the doctors every month, taking my vitamins everyday, eating when I'm hungry, eating healthy, exercising, drinking lots of water, and sleeping when I'm tired.

Anyone who can help ease my mind and stress?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I was also in the same position as you, I still kinda am. I miscarried in june of this year at 8 weeks and all I could think about was if it was going to happen again. I am now 14 weeks and so far everything is going good. I still worry of course, after you go through a miscarriage you probably always will. And I was the only one in my family that has had a miscarriage. The only way I could really make myself feel better is thinking faith over fear, and whatever is meant to happen will happen. Everything will work out and I hope you have a healthy nine months!

Miscarriage is not an everyday subject therefore we aren't aware of just how many people experience them. Out of my immediate family 5 woman 3 of us experienced having one. We all conceived since then and had healthy babies. I hope this is reassuring to you. Congratulations and may god bless you!

If it helps... miscarriage rates drop DRAMATICALLY at 12 weeks...

i know its hard to forget about misscarriage because i have been through a still birth my first pregnancy and a misscarriage on my third pregnancy and i worried the whole time i carried my second and fourth pregnancy like crazy.doctors its likely not to have another still born or misscarriage but i have heard some misscarriage are caused from incompetant cervix have doctor check it out but some are caused from chromesones not right in my case it was chromesones on missscarriage and still birth was cord accident just watch kick counts 4 per hour at about 16 and onweeks.

Source(s): dont worry so much you can stress yourself to much thinking about it .i dreamed i was having misscarriage and in my head i thought i was gonna have still birth and it happened.

my mom had two misscarriages n a row.. but then again she had somethin wrong with her cant give you the medicall trem cuz i catn remeber at the moment. she always tells me miscarriage is Gods way for taken care of a baby that has something qrong with it that the parent cant really handle. you probably wont have one though. Good Liuck to you and your baby!!

My mom had a miscarriage before she had me. 3 months later she conceived again and then she had me. Miscarriages are pretty common in first time pregnancy's. You will be fine this time :) its a very low risk at miscarriage. Your nearly 12 weeks so your nearly past the deadline at where your most likely to miscarry!

All the best to you and the baby x