pie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i need major help (10 points 4 best answer)?

i am 11 yrs old and i weigh 155 my height is 5'3 5'3 5'4 how do i loose weight and do i weigh to much 10 points 4 best answer

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes you are a little over weight, You are still young you need to watch what you eat Like fast foods, sodas, junk food.But remember you do not need to cut them out completely. Its good to start your day out with a brisk walk, maybe a jog before school.Even helping out around the house (cleaning) which i know is boring can help you get some exercise in during the winter months. Six small meals a day helps, eat lots of veggis and fruit. drinks atleast 7-8 glasses of water a day. When your parents take you for your next doctor visit ask your doctor, and they can give you a better idea of how to eat, even your parents can help.Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes you weigh to much i am 5'5 and weigh 113lbs to lose weight you should do sit ups and jog and eat less and do leg lifts also try to drink more water to speed up your metabolism i did the exercises and lost about 30lbs good luck

• 1 decade ago

okay you can try the special K diet, but the best thing to do is

ask your mom and dad to get you a membership at a local gym, and go to the gym every day after school.

a couple people that attend the same school as me were over weight and

after summer break they were skinny and had nice bodies. REALLY NICE

and i asked them what they did and they sed that they went to the gym every day for about 2-3 hours.

also for eating habbits, dont starve yourself because the more you dont eat, the more your gunna crave more food later on and gain all the weight back.

eat small portions. for breakfast, eat a bowl of special K cereal.

you can eat a fruit or 2 durring about 10-11.

for lunch try eating apples with peanutbutter or a small salad.

for dinner you can also eat salad or a small turkeybreast sandwhich on wheat bread and no Mayo or mustard.

nothing fattening.

its going to be really hard and tempting to eat all those junky foods, but just remember how good your gunna feel when you have a super hott body and you can go to parties in really nice outfitts and go to the beach without having to worry about anything.

hope that helps(:

• 1 decade ago

You're a little on the heavy side, but don't fret! Here's some tips to help you out! Cut down on your portion sizes, using a smaller plate at mealtime helps. Also, drink a gallon of water a day. This will give you a full feeling and help curb your appetite. Keep a food journal and keep track of how many calories and how much fat you eat. You should limit yourself to 1200 calories and less than 30 grams of fat each day. Try not to eat anything after 6pm, chances are you won't burn it off. Most importantly, add some exercise to your day. The key to losing weight is to use more calories up than you take in. Stay away from empty calories like soda and candy-they have no nutritional value. Eat alot of fruits and veggies as well. Hope I've been some help...Good luck Sweetie!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes i will say you are overweight for a 11 yr old. but its okay just sart by drinking TONS of warter! thats very important. I lost about 10 pounds by drinking warter, cut back of course your not going to change your eating habits overngiht but just cut back and the more you cut back the better you will feel and the even more you will want to cut back your eating habits. Try to eat more healty. Less fast food and fats. I love to dance which really help me for my excersing! so you could do that! it might take a little while but it will be worth it!

Source(s): Lost 10 pounds
  • 1 decade ago

You can find out if your underweight, healthy weight, over weight, or obese by taking a BMI (Body mass index) test.

According to your weight and height your BMI is 27.5.

* Underweight = <18.5

* Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

* Overweight = 25-29.9

* Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

To lose weight stop eating junk food, drink soda and no sweets. Eat 6 times a day but in small portions. Drink plenty of water. Try running, walking or jogging for an hour 3-5 times a week.

• 1 decade ago

start eating less andd do more exercise youll be down in a lower size in no time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you are a bit overweight but i know a kid and he isn't too fat but he is about 4'5" and he weighs 140.

to lose weight you have to cut back on junk food

drink water to clear your stomach

exercise daily (not too hard but put effort into it)

NO FAST FOOD

look at the nutrition labels

1.Eat when you are hungry: because if you eat when you are full you are just stretching your stomach tissue and if you starve yourself that's when you lose muscle and your body will expect you to keep starving yourself which slows down your metabolism.

2.Take your time: when you eat fast you want to eat more because you cant tell when you are full. If you eat slow you will realize you are full when you are full.

3.Take walks and drink water: walks are a pretty easy exercise but it is still exercise and drinking water cleanses your body and if you drink a cup of water before every meal you won`t eat as much.

4.No artificle stuff: soda is horrible when your on a diet this may sound weird but especially diet soda. Diet stuff is the exact opposite of what it sounds it may have less calories but all the chemicals in it make up for that.(Also an other reason people say you also lose muscle mass and strength.)

5.Abs: when you are relaxing like watching TV if you sit it a position like this your abs will burn fat _/. Also slow leg lifts help too.

6.Thyroid?:If you do not lose any weight in 5 weeks ask your doctor if you have thyroid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is above average but it'd be important to keep in mind that being skinny is not necessarily being healthy. Being active i.e. exercising would be a good start. You could even start out easy like talking long, brisk walks. It might be hard to control your diet because you are probably not preparing all of your meals, but keeping an eye on intake would be important as well. Good luck as you move forward, you'll be fine.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you weigh too much. You should exercise....you're young, you should be able to find the energy for it. Make sure to eat all of your servings of fruits and vegetables everyday and stay away from soda and bread, crackers, chips, fries, etc. It isn't good for someone as young as you to do a diet. It is too restrictive for someone that is still developing. You need to just watch what you put in your mouth and get lots of exercise. Really it isn't hard, just make good habits starting now, because it is way harder when you are older.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.