Are there really aliens? Details plz?

Well i was just watching CNN and Larry King was with a bunch of scientists and they were talking about how there is life on mars i mean is it true? can they attack us? Its pretty scary cause im a little scardy cat about things like these. I get the feeling that this is the end of the world. Like everyday in the... show more Well i was just watching CNN and Larry King was with a bunch of scientists and they were talking about how there is life on mars i mean is it true? can they attack us? Its pretty scary cause im a little scardy cat about things like these. I get the feeling that this is the end of the world. Like everyday in the news you hear a different story on a type of new animal discovered and i get a feeling that its the end because of all these weird things being discovered. I wanna know are those scientists on Lary King looney or is there a chance of life on mars, They even said that the government are hiding this. So can you give me your opinion and better yet some truth please. Thanks guys

Happy New Years :-)
Update: to second answer, i know but thats the mayan calender because they said that the world will end in 2012 they also said the world will end in 2003 haha alittle to late.
Update 2: to third answer thanks and the only person who can control when the world ends is god because the Mayans predicted that the world will end in 2012 and they also predicted that the world will end in 2003, 2005 something clearly the Mayans don't know anything.
Update 3: yes Roxy lol i just wanted to know if they were mean but we haven't done anything to them so yeah they can be nice martians if they were real.