Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

secured orchard bank credit card?

i just completed my application and submitted a check payment....i forgot that i paid something else and well i have the money in another account at another bank meaning first thing friday morning i can put the funds in the account

my question is do u think the check will clear before friday..??

by tomorrow being a holiday??

thanks

ok so its a missunderstanding. ON ORCHARDBANK.COM i applied for a card and was approved for the secured card. i did the application ONLIne and gave them my check information. THEY ARE going to DRAFT the amount out of my account. HOWEVER i forgot i paid a bill earlier and dont have the funds in my checking account. I have them in another account. FIRST THING friday morning i can get the money n put it in the account. DO U THINK they check has already processed tonite??

• Reena
    Favorite Answer

If you mailed a check on the 31st of December chances are it won't be delivered until Friday (the earliest).

The post office does not deliver on the 1st of January.

It is hard to judge... since I don't know at what time you put the mail in the mail box. (check the pick-up times for the mail box) and where you are sending the mail to. If it is close by - 100 to 200 mile radius - it could get delivered on Friday. If it is further away... with any luck Saturday or even Next Monday.

Either way... make sure to transfer the money by 9 a.m. Friday morning. Banks usually open at 9 a.m. and if you are fast you can get the money transferred before they start dealing with other business.

Here is one trick to make sure they money gets into the account right away. Withdraw $100 cash from account a). As soon as the cashier hands you the $100 turn around and deposit the $100 cash in the other account. Cash deposits have to be posted to the account immediately... no delay allowed.

If you have banking online so you can transfer from your other account to your account from the same bank then you will be fine. If dont, you can deposit to cover that Friday morning. They closed tonight and tomorrow.

• S D

if you submitted the check by hand before 3:00 and they processed it your in a heap of trouble with checking fees if you mailed it should have no problem. With the electronic age everything is just a click away so you have to be on your toes in financial dealings