Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Who do famous people wear pittsburgh pirate hats?

I've seen multiple rappers and musicians (like Snoop Dog and various other artists) wear pittsburgh pirate hats and i think it's kinda weird. Most of them aren't from pittsburgh and as a person from pittsburgh I really think it's retarded because the pirates suck.

Best Answer

Snoop Dogg has an obsession with the Steelers and that has carried over to just Pittsburgh sports in general. Another rapper you might have seen is Nelly, he actually tried out to be a Pirate, but choose rapping instead and pays homage to the Pirates in that way.

If you have anyone in particular they normally have some ties to Pittsburgh.

Plus the Pirates might suck now but Pittsburgh has a history of great sports and since we are one of the only cities who has all of their sports teams in the same colors people who are fans of one team normally by paraphernalia of other teams as well.

And Pittsburghers have a way of turning people into Pittsburgh sports teams, I mean we have a Steelers Hooters in LA and a Pittsburgh sports bar in Rome, Italy.

People do that with all hats...Mets hats, Yankee hats, Red Sox hats...you name it. But I'd still say the Yankees are the most popular hat. People just like the way the interlocking NY look, and I guess they like the way the P looks, too.

But have you ever noticed how crazy those steeler fans are? Last time I was home in the summer, I tripped on how many peeps had Steeler Tattoos all over their body. WTF? I can't comprehend it, sorry I dont have your answer. I have PA love and I am in Sunny CA.

probably because the yellow and black is pretty bad@ss. its more about the hat then the team.