What kind of taxes to I have to pay if I make money online?

What kind of taxes to I have to pay if I make money online through Google AdSense or another program such as Amazon's Affiliate program?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jss
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are self employed or independent contractor. You will report your income and expenses on schedule C or C-EZ (Form 1040). This income is subject to SE tax at 15.3%. Read about self employed (or independent contractor) tax filing and payment of estimated taxes: http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/04/tax-filing-by-...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Let's start with the $600. This is a rule for the payer, not you. If you have only this income and it's more than $400, you MUST file. If you have other income, and it's more than $5800, you have to report every $1. At 17, to be honest, you shouldn't have been online. Your mother is going to have to explain to the IRS that this is not *her* income.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any money from each site, that you make over $600. They'll send you the form to report as income on your taxes.

Don't give out your SS# until you get to that point-in case you don't have to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if any one place, like google sends you a 1099 for making more than $600 in a year with them, you'll have to file a Sched C and SE with your 1040 - taxes will depend on your overall income, plus the self employment taxes on sched SE

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Noell
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

kind taxes pay money online

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lots of sites will promise payments, but not all are legit.

Check out the site here:

http://tubeblogger.blogspot.com/2008/08/top-10-way...

For a top 10 list of all the sites that work, you'll find something.

• 1 decade ago

Fill out a Sch C or Cez with your income and expenses and apply bottom line to your 1040.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Income tax on miscellaneous income. However, you should consult a tax advisor.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Income tax (federal, and state and local if your area has them) and federal self employment tax

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.