Star Wars vs. Star Trek?

Which technology would prevail in a war (Picard-era ships vs. late-episode Star Wars vessels)? Isn't warp speed much faster than hyperdrive? Quantum torpedoes superior over lasers? I don't think it's even up for debate.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's a little unclear. Star Trek warp drive seems to have degrees - warp 5, warp 6, up to warp 10. Star Wars hyperdrive seems to be binary - a ship is either traveling in hyperspace, or it's not. Not sure if hyperspace is more like Warp 1 or Warp 10.

Both types of ships also have many weapons, I'd compare Star Trek's phasers (not torpedoes) to Star Wars lasers, they seem about the same. Star Wars has proton torpedoes - just one of those blew up the whole Death Star. (OK, it started a reaction that blew up the thing, but you see my point.)

Star Wars lasers - like the ones the Death Star had - were known to blow up a whole planet though, that's pretty powerful. Both ships have shields/deflectors, tractor beams, ion cannons and whatever "magic" ray they would use on Star Trek to fix things at the last second.

The real question - better mechanic, Scotty or Chewbacca? The Falcon was always busted, and Scotty would always come through at the last minute, so I'd go with Trek. A ship's no good if you can't keep it working.

• 4 years ago

Star Trek The Next Generation

• 1 decade ago

star wars

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Star Trek technology surpasses Star Wars any day.

Gene Roddenberry was the epitome of what a science fiction creator should be, he was so visionary. George Lucas is just a wanna be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im more of a starwars fan and from wat ive seen of star trek there arent many star ships and i think that the lasers are more efficent because its hard to out run them

plus with clones there is a infinite amount of man to fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGwclFIycjw

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): wookiepedia
  • ukcufs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Death star > Everything in Star Trek > Everything else in Star Wars

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No one wins in war. If you were a true science fiction fan you'd understand that.

• 1 decade ago

both stink

• 1 decade ago

star trek is gay....GO STAR WARS!!!

• 1 decade ago

Star Trek would win. They have faster ships warp speed vs lightspeed in star wars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.