Never had a girlfriend?

I just turned 19 and I've never had a girlfriend before, and it sucks. I'm really shy, I consider myself extremely nice to everyone, I'm the one guy that makes sure girls get home safely after parties, I even give up my coat or sweatshirt if a girls cold (sounds cheesy, but I just feel obligated to do it). I've been told I look like Matt Damon and Leonardo Dicaprio many, many times, I'm tall and well built. The only reason why I said that, is just to give you guys a better understanding of my situation, I'm normally very humble.

I've had one hookup since elementary school, and it was a 5 - 10 second make-out. Only reason why it happened was because one of my friends told her I've been eying her all night or something. I had no idea what I was doing when he pushed me towards her, so I'm guessing it was a pity kiss.

It just sucks being what seems like the only guy who's never really had a girlfriend before. Most of my friends are cocky and they get woman so easily. Even if I were to get rid of my shyness, I have no idea where to meet girls. The parties I go to are pretty much all the same people I've known through high school, and if they're not, then they already have a boyfriend 90% of the time. I don't know where to meet girls, and I don't know how to get myself to talk to them.

I asked this lastnight, just re-posting it to see some more responses.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I understand how you feel. I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend. Most of it, however, is due to me being either too shy, or, just not being ready to progress in a real relationship. So, most of it is my fault. One thing we should do, though, is stop feeling sorry for ourselves and make a change. Being shy is normal, but, once it begins to get in your way in terms of talkin to a girl, it does get kinda pathetic.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers for this, as I'm going through the same problem. But, the sooner we change our attitude, basically, in every possible way, then, the chances of us finding someone will increase much more.

whats the problem? and whats the question?

i don't think thats there is any problem there, the only thing is that you are letting the fact that you have never had a girlfriend get to you and make you think that your not good enough or something> haveing a girlfriend and having sex does not make you a man or anything.... You just need to accept your self for who you are, you were made like that for a reason...

I've never had a boyfriend.... i'm a little younger than you though...

just wait it will happen, after you accept yourself for who your are. Then your inner beauty will shin through....

: )

a good place would be if you went to college.

I dont think anything is wrong with you. Im 19 and never had an official girlfriend as well lol. I think its the girls cause they have issues. Its funny cause i am usually the driver at night when people are drunk, im the one that remembers and gives presents. Im shy, loyal and caring. I dont think u need a girlfriend, ive been hurt so many times and i think when the time is right it will happen and not just any girl but an amazing one. I hope so lol.