Arranged Marriage aka forced love?

I am sorry if i sound at all racist or anything but i need answers. I don't get the whole arranged marriages for Muslims. I think it's the weirdest thing ever. Isn't it forced love? You are trying to make two people fall in love with each other. Most Muslim children do not get a choice in the matter... show more I am sorry if i sound at all racist or anything but i need answers.
I don't get the whole arranged marriages for Muslims.
I think it's the weirdest thing ever. Isn't it forced love? You are trying to make two people fall in love with each other. Most Muslim children do not get a choice in the matter and are forced into an arranged marriage without the option of finding a wife/husband for themselves. They aren't allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends so they are unaware of how to treat a man or women and therefore that can lead to abuse or divorce which is really frowned upon by Muslims. I just don't get it at all.
My friend is a Muslim is not allowed to marry a girl who isn't a Muslim. When he mentioned marrying someone not through an arranged marriage, she replied "Well how are you going to find a girl?". Which is true. How is he supposed to find a girl when he isn't allowed a girlfriend? He doesn't want an arranged marriage but is going to be forced into it. Please explain how this is normal and okay? Because i think it's horrible and completely forced love!
Update: The she who asked how he is to find the girlfriend is his mother.
Update 2: I was just using Muslims as an example.
Also, are both parties actually happy with the arranged marriage? Or are their parents just happy for them?
I'd like to hear from someone who has had an arranged marriage.