What is so great about Google? Really?

I heard someone say they were going to google something the other day and it got on my nerves. It seems like google is pretty popular but I don't really see what it has that makes it so great. I heard they have a good search engine. Surely that is not everything. What does google have that I am not aware of? Why does it seem like yahoo is having all the problems? I mean yahoo seems more helpful to me than google.

Favorite Answer

Dear,

Umm the google search algorithm is one of the best if not the BEST algorithm out there; when you search using google they actually have a timer on the top that tells yo how long did it take to search and,

the way google people made it, it take the least amount of time to search compared to yahoo or the msn;

So, from that perspective; sure you might say yeah but yahoo is only slower by a 0.001 seconds; well that is a big thing when dealing with millions of websites;

A way to picture this is, lets say you search for "music videos" now what a search algorithm does is searches all of the sites that is in its list that has "music videos" and so on; so coming up with a very fast and reliable algorithm to do this is a big deal ..

I am not going to go into the searching algorithms, because this will bore you out, but i hope you get the point

all i have to say is that they earned it ....

Hope this sheds some light into the issue ...

I like the Google search engine more than the Yahoo one and I like Gmail better than I like Yahoo mail. But Google doesn't have anything like Yahoo Answers. They're a good company and don't give off evil vibes like some other companies.

• BOBBER

To me google has the best search engine.

Everyone knows about Google.. Google gives you a ton more pages than yahoo does.. Idk really to be honest hahaha. It's just a search engine.

you type in a topic and it pulls up the best websites about that topic. help[s me lots with research. beats the library for sure.

Yeah, it's just the taste of the month right now.

write your question in the search box, they will tell you

you can type in define:(word) and it will define any word that is in the place of the paranthesis.

Source(s): personal experience